Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Cheesecake recipe needed >

Cheesecake recipe needed

Cheesecake recipe needed

Old 12-21-2010, 09:57 AM
BMP

I have misplaced my cheesecake recipe ..
Does someone have a tried and true awesome recipe that they would share...
Old 12-21-2010, 10:08 AM

Someone posted a cheesecake recipe using eggnog, try searching eggnog. Sounded delicious.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:12 AM

Not a traditional New York Cheesecake but a definite favorite in my house!

CHEESECAKE PIE

Pie Ingredients:

8 oz cream cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla
dash salt
1 graham cracker crust

Topping:
1 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, juice, salt and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time – beat well.
Pour into graham cracker crust. Bake at 325°F for 25-30 minutes.

Mix together topping ingredients and spoon over pie. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer. Cool to room temperature then refrigerate.

Serve plain or with fruit.

Graham cracker crust: Crush one packet of graham crackers and mix with ¼ cup sugar and ¼ cup melted butter. Crush crackers with a rolling pin in a gallon size plastic bag and add sugar and butter and mix together in bag. Pour into a pie plate and form.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:19 AM

Cheese Cake

butter and a box graham cracker crumbs

4 8 oz. packages of Philly Cream Cheese, softened
4 eggs
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
i tsp lemon juice

Make the graham cracker crust according to the directions on the graham cracker crumb package. We like Nabisco brand.
Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of an 8 or 9 inch spring form pan.

Preheat oven to 300°F.

Blend the cream cheese, eggs, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice in a mixer. Mix until creamy. Spoon into pan over the graham cracker crust.

Put a pan of water on the bottom rack of oven to humidify the oven (this stops cheesecake from cracking).

Place the cheesecake on center shelf of oven. Bake for about 90 minutes or until slightly browned on top. Turn oven off, open the oven door crack, and leave cake set in there for 30 more minutes. Take out of oven and let cool on counter 30 minutes. (This slow cool-down is also to stop the cheesecake from cracking).

Then carefully remove from spring form pan and refrigerate overnight. (I top with some cherry pie filling.) Yield: 8 to 12 servings
Old 12-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the recipes :D:D:D
Old 12-21-2010, 11:43 AM
BMP

Found it on the web ...Its the best one I have ever made!Ingredients
1/3 cup Butter
1 1/4 cups Graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup Sugar

4 8-oz packages Cream cheese softened
1 14-oz can Sweeted condensed milk
4 Eggs
1 tablespoon Vanilla
1/3 cup Unsifted flour
For lighter cheesecake add:
1/4 cup Lemon juice
1 8-oz container Sour cream
NEW! Eat healthier with nutrition info!
Try BigOven Pro for Free Preparation
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For New York Style Cheesecake omit lemon juice and sour cream.

Mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and press into the bottom of a 12" springform pan. Beat the 4 packages of cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add the condensed milk and beat until smooth. Add the 1/3 cup of flour, the eggs and vanilla and mix well.

Pour into the pan and bake 1 hour until lightly browned. The center may not seem completely set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack until completely cool. Run a knife around the edge of the cake but do not remove the rim. Chill for several hours or over night. Remove the rim and slice into small pieces.This cake will provide 12 to 16 pieces. Top with your favorite fruit if desired.

For a lighter, lemony cheesecake - preheat oven to 300 degrees. Make the crust as instructed above. Beat 2 - 8 oz. packages of cream cheese. Add 14 oz. of sweetened condensed milk, 3 eggs, the lemon juice and sourcream. Pour into pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes unti the cake springs back when lightly touched. Follow the same directions above for cooling, chilling, and serving.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:07 PM

You live in the Northeast!

The very easiest and best uses Fluff, which is not available outside the Northeast very much, but you should be able to find it. It's called Lynne's Cheesecake and can be found at Http://marshmallowfluff.com, I think. I have the recipe, but it is packed away, since my house is on the market.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:13 PM

Two packs of cream cheese
Two eggs
1 tablespoon of vanilla flavoring
1 ready made pie crust

Combine the cream cheese, egs and vanilla flavoring, and blend until smooth. Place in over @ 350 degrees for about 35 minutes. Check top and ensure it's slightly brown. Remove from oven and let cool.

Topping can be whatever you choose. You can use carmel ice cream topping and crushed pecans or walnuts, strawberry topping or cherry pie filling.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:31 PM
BMP

Originally Posted by hazeljane
You live in the Northeast!

The very easiest and best uses Fluff, which is not available outside the Northeast very much, but you should be able to find it. It's called Lynne's Cheesecake and can be found at Http://marshmallowfluff.com, I think. I have the recipe, but it is packed away, since my house is on the market.
Just checked that out, that does sound good...and lots of other good things...
Old 12-21-2010, 01:39 PM

Now that I'm in Oklahoma, I must import my Fluff- my daughter keeps me supplied. I grew up on Fluffernutters, and must occasionally have one.

Also, Fluff makes the best fudge on the planet. (the recipe is also on the website.)

And no, Marshmallow Creme is not a substitute for any Fluff aficionado.