Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Christmas tartlets.

Christmas tartlets.

Each year i make my own Christmas mincemeat tartlets but has anyone discovered a recipe for the newer Apricot brandy tartlets that are available in the shops? I have googled but nothing seems to fit. wonder if I used the mincemeat recipe that I have and replace the dried fruit with minced dried apricots but not sure that that would work. the mincemeat recipe that i have uses suet. thanks for anyone who can help pacas

When you say Tartlets are they small like Tassies? They sound so good. I have several tassy recipes, but not Apricot. Waiting to here if someone does have that recipe.

Here you are. You can use what ever crust you choose - they happen to use filo. The filling is the important thing.
    http://www.dierbergs.com/School/Reci...icot+Tart.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by twogeebs View Post
    When you say Tartlets are they small like Tassies? They sound so good. I h

ave several tassy recipes, but not Apricot. Waiting to here if someone does have that recipe.

Tartlets are very small fruit pies. Usually only 2-3 bite size. Can be made using very small (mini) muffin pans or a shallow pie tray. Also usually made with sweet short pastry top and bottom with the filling in the middle.

Blog Entries
    Yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
    Here you are. You can use what ever crust you choose - they happen to use filo. The filling is the important thing.
    http://www.dierbergs.com/School/Reci...icot+Tart.aspx
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.