Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Cornbread recipe

  1. #1
    Super Member quiltmom04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,879
    In had sweet cornbread at a restaurant this weekend that was to die for. It was so light - the consistency of white cake and just as sweet as could be. I'm looking for a recipe. Tried a google search and made one that seemed like it would work, but it wasn't sweet or light enough. It tasted fine, but not exactly what I was looking for. Anyone have a good recipe? THANKS!!

  2. #2
    Super Member irishrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    6,583
    Blog Entries
    19
    Can you stir some cornmeal and sour cream into a white cake mix? Sounds like that would do the trick. Use the eggs, less water and cut down on the oil if you use full fat sour cream.

  3. #3
    Senior Member ploverwi2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    677
    You might like this one. I have had it for some time from a friend.

    SWEET AND LIGHT CORNBREAD

    INGREDIENTS:

    1 cup cornmeal
    1 cup flour
    1 1/2 tbsps baking powder
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 tsp salt
    1 1/2 cups milk
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    METHOD:
    Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, sift together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk milk, eggs and butter into the dry ingredients. Continue to blend until all lumps are removed, taking care not to over-whip. Spray an 8-inch-square baking pan with vegetable spray or lightly grease with butter. Pour batter into the greased pan and bake 20-25 minutes. NOTE: 1/2 cup fresh kernel corn and 1 tbsp chopped jalapenos may be added to this recipe for an interesting twist.

  4. #4
    Senior Member LovinMySoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    981
    I love the ones at famous daves. Looked up the recipe but mine weren't quite right. Close but not the same Cake mix 2 kinds of cornbread and then a jalapeño glaze. what restaurant did you go to? A lot of times you can google what it was and the recipe is out there somewhere :)

  5. #5
    Super Member quiltmom04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,879
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose
    Can you stir some cornmeal and sour cream into a white cake mix? Sounds like that would do the trick. Use the eggs, less water and cut down on the oil if you use full fat sour cream.
    I hadn't thought of that! Thanks!

  6. #6
    Super Member mtspools's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    pile of scraps, ILLINOIS
    Posts
    1,001
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ploverwi2
    You might like this one. I have had it for some time from a friend.

    SWEET AND LIGHT CORNBREAD

    INGREDIENTS:

    1 cup cornmeal
    1 cup flour
    1 1/2 tbsps baking powder
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 tsp salt
    1 1/2 cups milk
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    METHOD:
    Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, sift together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk milk, eggs and butter into the dry ingredients. Continue to blend until all lumps are removed, taking care not to over-whip. Spray an 8-inch-square baking pan with vegetable spray or lightly grease with butter. Pour batter into the greased pan and bake 20-25 minutes. NOTE: 1/2 cup fresh kernel corn and 1 tbsp chopped jalapenos may be added to this recipe for an interesting twist.
    MMMM GOING TO TRY THIS -- I LOVE GOOD CORNBREAD.

  7. #7
    Super Member quiltmom04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,879
    Quote Originally Posted by ploverwi2
    You might like this one. I have had it for some time from a friend.

    SWEET AND LIGHT CORNBREAD

    INGREDIENTS:

    1 cup cornmeal
    1 cup flour
    1 1/2 tbsps baking powder
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 tsp salt
    1 1/2 cups milk
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    METHOD:
    Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, sift together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk milk, eggs and butter into the dry ingredients. Continue to blend until all lumps are removed, taking care not to over-whip. Spray an 8-inch-square baking pan with vegetable spray or lightly grease with butter. Pour batter into the greased pan and bake 20-25 minutes. NOTE: 1/2 cup fresh kernel corn and 1 tbsp chopped jalapenos may be added to this recipe for an interesting twist.
    Sounds good; I'll give it a try!

  8. #8
    Super Member Scrap Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,467
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ploverwi2
    You might like this one. I have had it for some time from a friend.

    SWEET AND LIGHT CORNBREAD

    INGREDIENTS:

    1 cup cornmeal
    1 cup flour
    1 1/2 tbsps baking powder
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 tsp salt
    1 1/2 cups milk
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    METHOD:
    Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, sift together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk milk, eggs and butter into the dry ingredients. Continue to blend until all lumps are removed, taking care not to over-whip. Spray an 8-inch-square baking pan with vegetable spray or lightly grease with butter. Pour batter into the greased pan and bake 20-25 minutes. NOTE: 1/2 cup fresh kernel corn and 1 tbsp chopped jalapenos may be added to this recipe for an interesting twist.
    Sounds wonderful! I've saved this one. Thank you.

  9. #9
    Super Member alleyoop1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,143
    The best recipe I have found for corn bread is to buy a box of Krusteaz Natural Honey Corn Bread mix and follow the directions on the box!

  10. #10
    Super Member quiltmom04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,879
    Quote Originally Posted by alleyoop1
    The best recipe I have found for corn bread is to buy a box of Krusteaz Natural Honey Corn Bread mix and follow the directions on the box!
    I've seen that in the store, but never tried it. But I will!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.