Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Did you ever >

Did you ever

Did you ever

Old 07-27-2016, 03:56 AM

After cooking the filling for an egg custard pie, I poured it into 2 frozen pie shells. Unfortunatly I hadn't noticed that the foil under the shells had dropped off. Result; a sticky, hot mess all over the kirchen cabinet and floor!
Old 07-27-2016, 01:42 PM

Not buttermilk, but other kinds of milk and yes, it is a mess.......but look at it this way, a nice clean floor and fridge from the accident......
Old 07-28-2016, 08:50 AM
mac

Originally Posted by lclang View Post
Nothing like having eggs boil dry and explode...you'll get a lot of exercise cleaning ceiling and walls, as well as upper oven and stove...and the smell is terrible!
LOL, I've done that. Whoa! What a chore to clean up. And just when you thought you got it all, years later I found some pieces of egg with shell behind the refrigerator. I had no idea what this dried mess was behind the fridge, until I realized that it had egg shell attached. Made me laugh...
Old 07-28-2016, 09:00 AM
mac

Originally Posted by lclang View Post
At one Thanksgiving family dinner my husband pressed the top on one of those cans of whipped cream for his pumpkin pie. It didn't work so he applied more pressure to the top thingy and the cream came roaring out, hit his pie a glancing blow and hit my mom in the face who was right across the table from him, making a huge greasy, creamy glob across her glasses and face. TV slapstick can never top that!
Oh my gosh, that is so funny. I seriously think that we each live in a comedy sitcom, but some people don't see it that way. I am glad you do.

As an older friend told me years ago, who had the best sense of humor about life, she said that if you think you will laugh at something 20 years from now when looking back, you should just start laughing today. I try to take her advice daily.