Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Homemade Crockpot Yogurt

The reason I put it in jars in the crockpot is because I have used mine so much it is no longer really smooth on the inside and I felt it would probably transfer a meat and onion taste to the yogurt since that is what I cook the most in there. Just to follow up it is still really separated but I put it in the fridge and we will stir it up when we eat it. I did use nonfat milk as we don't use anything else. Maybe if I stir in some guar gum it will be better. I will try it after it cools off. We usually eat it with cereal so it won't matter if it is smooth or not. Ann in TN

We love yogurt, so plan to make some this way with dried milk in the crock pot. Have made it using a heating pad in the past.

Blog Entries
    thanks for the recipe

Quote Originally Posted by Selena
    I just made the crock-pot yogurt, actually started it yesterday and of course eating some today. It's wonderful. My DD loves it. I used the Knox gelatin for thickening as suggested lower on the page. It is thick and creamy. I also stirred a can of sugar free cherry pie filling into part of it(I made a double batch) instead of blending fruits that can water it down (I plan to do that,too with some blackberries). It tastes like cherry cheesecake yogurt, mmm. I am so happy to be able to do this. We love yogurt and this is so much more economical than store-bought. Of course, as with everything else, I'm going to have to be creative with flavors. It's my nature and I have always preferred anything home made over pre-made. And it's so easy. I love it. Thank you ScrapHappy P.S. DD wants me to tell you that it tastes better than store-bought and she likes the texture better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3