Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Homemade Crockpot Yogurt >

Homemade Crockpot Yogurt

Homemade Crockpot Yogurt

Old 09-16-2011, 11:42 AM

The reason I put it in jars in the crockpot is because I have used mine so much it is no longer really smooth on the inside and I felt it would probably transfer a meat and onion taste to the yogurt since that is what I cook the most in there. Just to follow up it is still really separated but I put it in the fridge and we will stir it up when we eat it. I did use nonfat milk as we don't use anything else. Maybe if I stir in some guar gum it will be better. I will try it after it cools off. We usually eat it with cereal so it won't matter if it is smooth or not. Ann in TN
Old 09-16-2011, 01:27 PM

We love yogurt, so plan to make some this way with dried milk in the crock pot. Have made it using a heating pad in the past.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Google Goddess

thanks for the recipe

Originally Posted by Selena
I just made the crock-pot yogurt, actually started it yesterday and of course eating some today. It's wonderful. My DD loves it. I used the Knox gelatin for thickening as suggested lower on the page. It is thick and creamy. I also stirred a can of sugar free cherry pie filling into part of it(I made a double batch) instead of blending fruits that can water it down (I plan to do that,too with some blackberries). It tastes like cherry cheesecake yogurt, mmm. I am so happy to be able to do this. We love yogurt and this is so much more economical than store-bought. Of course, as with everything else, I'm going to have to be creative with flavors. It's my nature and I have always preferred anything home made over pre-made. And it's so easy. I love it. Thank you ScrapHappy P.S. DD wants me to tell you that it tastes better than store-bought and she likes the texture better.