Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Inside Out Cake

Inside Out Cake

1 Box yellow cake mix
    4 eggs
    1 C. Oil
    1 C. water
    1 can pecan coconut frosting
    1/2 C. chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Beat cake mix, eggs, water & oil for 2 minutes. Add pecan coconut frosting and chopped pecans and mix well. Bake in bundt pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Remove from pan while still hot. A very moist cake and does not need any frosting. Can use German Chocolate cake mix for a very moist chocolate cake.

Blog Entries
    Sondray, this cake is absolutely delicious!!! And very moist!!! And yummy...And its already GONE! :oops: :oops:

If ya'll haven't tried this one, you should. Its super easy, quick and really good. :lol:

This is the easiest, fastes cake around and my entire family (all 3 of us) finished it off in two days. I usually throw part of a cake away because it gets old before we finish it but not this one. It is wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

It does sound good, the fat content is what gets me 224 grams approx. for the whole cake that's 11 or 12 days for me...lol

I didn't even add in the fat content of the frosting. 156 grams btw for the can.

Perhaps one could add applesauce in place of the oil, it would be better for me.

Blog Entries
    I would think that as with any recipe, you can use some substitutes for your health issues. I've done the applesauce sub for other cake recipes with no problem, I bet it would work on this one too....it is a REALLY GOOD cake! :lol: Hmmmm...I might need to make one today (although DH is diabetic now) which means that I would eat the ENTIRE cake by myself.... :roll: ....hmmm....better not... :wink:

Yum! german chocolate is my very favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    I would think that as with any recipe, you can use some substitutes for your health issues. I've done the applesauce sub for other cake recipes with no problem, I bet it would work on this one too....it is a REALLY GOOD cake! :lol: Hmmmm...I might need to make one today (although DH is diabetic now) which means that I would eat the ENTIRE cake by myself.... :roll: ....hmmm....better not... :wink:
    Very true, I have no gall bladder so any amount of fat really messes me up. And I do substitute applesauce in my cake recipes, I cook with cooking spray. I keep olive oil on hand to use but I use it sparingly.

Sounds wonderful