Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
instant pot pressure cooker >

instant pot pressure cooker

instant pot pressure cooker

Old 01-14-2017, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

I have the Instant Pot. There is an Instant Pot community on FaceBook if you are into that sort of thing. Mine holds 6quarts. There are 7 quart and 8 quart Instant Pot sizes. It does take a few minutes to come up to pressure. Something frozen would take longer. My baked potatoes took 8 minutes to come to pressure. I set it at 13 min. but they were big potatoes and I think 20 would have been better. And then I came back later when we were ready to eat. I know I could make them in the oven, but, I am enjoying the Instant Pot. For us it makes the best rice, better than the rice cooker and I gave up stovetop a long time ago. too much watching. Apparently if something is amiss inside, it shuts itself off, instead of exploding!!

http://instantpot.com
Old 01-14-2017, 01:14 PM

We bought the Instant Pot just before Christmas and have used it a few times. So far, so good. My only issue is that I don't like to keep small appliances out on my counter unless I use them every day (ie coffee pot and toaster oven only). And I don't have the cupboard space to store it, so I keep it right outside the kitchen in the garage. I'm sure I'd use it more if I kept it on my counter. My niece, who talked us into getting the Instant Pot, uses hers 4-5x/week.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:56 PM
Power Poster

I can see your problem. I dont keep much on counter either. No coffee pot or toaster oven. Toaster stays in drawer until I need it. Don't mind the instant Pot being out. I just made popcorn in it using the sauté function. Just to see if I could. It was very good.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:12 PM

Oh, Alyce, you got me at the popcorn! Among other good things about pressure cooking, I'd like to find a good way to get away from microwave popcorn. How long did it take to make popcorn?
Old 01-14-2017, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by suern3 View Post
Oh, Alyce, you got me at the popcorn! Among other good things about pressure cooking, I'd like to find a good way to get away from microwave popcorn. How long did it take to make popcorn?
i used a recipe from www.sistersumderpressure com. Sauté function to high. 1-2 tblsp butter. 2-3 tblsp coconut oil - 1/2 cup popcorn. Glass lid from rice cooker. No pressure. Put pot on sauté function and use adjust to high. When hot put in butter and coconut oil. When bubbly put in popcorn and stir around to coat. Put glass lid on. When popping slows down turn off and give it a minute stir around and put in bowl.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:43 PM

Thank you for the info!
Old 01-14-2017, 07:59 PM

We gave our girls IP's for Christmas and they rave about them, but not as much as one son-in-law does. He thanked us because he said he ate good before, but even better now.