Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which would you get: The Power Pressure cooker or the Instant Pot

mac

Which would you get: The Power Pressure cooker or the Instant Pot

I am confused as to which pressure cooker I want. Which one is easier to use or are they both pretty much the same? There seems to be a lot more recipes for the Instant Pot than for the Power Pressure cooker. Please help and let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

PS: any recipes would greatly be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    I love my instapot...it is more than a pressure cooker. I sauté,cook rice,slow cook,steam,and pressure cook in mine. For hard boiled eggs that peel like a dream: put 1 cup of water in the bottom...put 6 eggs on a rack....high pressure for 5 minutes...slow release for 5 minutes...put eggs in bowl of ice water for 5 minutes. There are a lot of recipes on the Facebook insta pot site.
    Life may not be the party we planned for,but while we are here we should dance!

My DIL loves her instapot too.

Got my instant pot in November and really really like it. I am not familiar with the Power pressure cooker. So what I say is: If you don't know anything about electric pressure cooking (like me), and the price is about the same, I would go for an Instant Pot. As you say you see lots of information and recipes for the instant pot and that may be helpful in learning to use it. The Instant Pot Facebook Community page has well over 1 Million members. That is a lot of pots out there and as far as I can tell, I have not heard of any problems with it other than user issues. I have learned that it is different from the stove top cookers, timing and capabilities are different, and my biggest issue is getting the timing right. But no major fails so far.
    Whichever you decide, electric pressure cooking is a real time saver.

I love my 3 Instant Pots. Agree with Murphy224. Check out the Instant Pot Facebook page. Also know that it has been an Amazon Top seller and has many safety features built in. Cooking isn't Instant but much quicker and better for a lot of things. It has given me back a spark to cook.
    Alyce

InstaPot all the way, love that thing and have had it for well over a year. Today I am going to do up some spiced pinto beans. Check Google for other places and sign up for a newsletter from Jackie and Amy, they are very good. https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/amy-jackys-story/

also this site https://thisoldgal.com

Had my instant pot for over a year now and you can not get it away from me!
    Linda J.

InstaPot...

mac
    I just looked up Instapot on Amazon. I didn't know they had so many different pots: 6-in-one, 8-in-one, 10-in-one.

Which one do you all have?

Check out Walmart's Farberware pressure pot/slow cooker. It is only $59 and works great. I love mine and it seems to do what the more expensive ones do. Easy to use and totally quiet while it cooks.
    ​Jumpin' Judy

I have a 6 quart LUX, a 6 quart DUO and a 3 quart DUO (mini). They all work great.
    Alyce

Instant Pot is my choice. Love everything about it and every recipe has been good. Pinterest is where I get quite a few of my recipes.

I have the Tristar Instant Pot /Ultra pot, Sam's Club and Costco have the BEST price. The 8 quart is best priced of any size. I have the 8 qt. and very happy pleased was everything cooked in pot. I have used a regular pressure cooker for many years, the ultra pot is so simple. I gave my 4 grandchildren one for a Christmas gift.
    Ads that say buy one get one free will cost more than one purchased at
    Sam's or Costco. After paying shipping charges it not cheaper.

I have a stovetop pressure cooker and an 8 Qt. Instant Pot. The Instant Pot is better for sure. While it does take longer to come to pressure, the cooking is faster and you can cook numerous things in it at the same time.
    Go for the Instant Pot. You won't be disappointed. If you're getting a 6qt. (most popular) got for the Duo Plus model.
    Pat
    Brother NQ 3500D
    HQ Avanté

Blog Entries
    I got the instant pot several months ago and have had several malfunctions due to my own malfunctions....but it is great once I get MY cobwebs out. Have done bake beans, stew. Every thing has a learning curve and I am there but the directions are great and I plan on having it as part of my life even without my husband's good will.

I'd vote for the InstaPot. I'm wanting one myself....
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Instant Pot- cooks meat from frozen to ready to eat in record time. Will also work as slow cooker, steamer, you name it. It won’t load or unload the dishwasher, but I might be asking a lot!
    LOL

mac
    Quote Originally Posted by zozee View Post
    Instant Pot- cooks meat from frozen to ready to eat in record time. Will also work as slow cooker, steamer, you name it. It won’t load or unload the dishwasher, but I might be asking a lot!
    LOL
    Too funny, zozee.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Too funny, zozee.
    It will also tell you if your food is burned. I just got one for Christmas and my daughter (who thinks instructions are just for charging extra money for an item, didn't read it) tried to make chicken and rice. I went in to sit and relax and she came in and said the instant pot says Burned on the screened. We went in and checked, yep it was burned but not to the point that it changed the flavor of the food. I have on the stove top pressure cookers and wanted an electric one for years, Jack Pepin did a show and compared the two, he actually was surprised when he liked the electric one best too. We are getting snow this week so I think its time to take my left over ham and make some beans.
    Judy

The only issue with my three Instant Pots is that they don't go to the grocery store and buy their own ingredients! Other than that, love them
    Alyce

mac
    romanojg,

Which model of Instant Pot did you get? I am quickly becoming convinced that I want one, but when I looked on Amazon they had a lot of different models to choose from? Very confusing...

I have the 6 qt Duo 7 in 1. It is perfect for me. You can cook a lot or a little:: one cup of rice vs 4 cups of rice, two chicken breasts or a whole chicken, one boiled egg or a dozen. I knew I would never use my phone to control/operate the Smart version, and I was not interested in the "sanitizer" feature on another one. You can decide what features are important to you and if you are willing to pay the extra cost to get them.
    This chart was the best thing I found when making my choice of which to buy: Hope it helps you.

https://www.hippressurecooking.com/w...right-for-you/

mac
    Murphy224: Thanks so much for this article. It really answered a lot of questions that I had. After reading the article, I think that I will also get the Duo 7/1.

Thank you, everyone, for all your votes and information. I don't know what I would do without this Board. There are so many good minds here and immense information to be had.

I have a Power XL which has done everything I've wanted it to. Not as fancy as the high end InstaPot, but it has canned meat, made beans, soups, stews, etc, beef for French Dip, all very well.

My 6 QT Instant Pot is on it's way to me. Just too many great reviews from you ladies plus I read one that a woman had done research on the Instant Pot and another one that her family member had. Compared side by side the one I purchased won hands down.
    When I told dh I bought one, he said I've been trying to get you to get an electric pressure cooker for 1.5 years!!! ??? I don't remember that, but I do remember a few years back we bought one off of the tv shows and it died about a year in After I bought a new ring for it that cost over $25! Silly me, I then read the reviews and they were awful.

I have a almost new top of the range pressure cooker that only does 13psi, which most recipes are written for 15 psi, no wonder it was a steal for $30. I never got comfortable using it so it has been taking up space for several years.
    Jennifer: Organized in my dreams.
    🌷RIP dear Tigger....you are missed!
    Buddybear's Mom ...Yorkie Fur Baby

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast