Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Which would you get: The Power Pressure cooker or the Instant Pot >

Which would you get: The Power Pressure cooker or the Instant Pot

Which would you get: The Power Pressure cooker or the Instant Pot

Old 01-03-2018, 09:31 AM
mac

romanojg,

Which model of Instant Pot did you get? I am quickly becoming convinced that I want one, but when I looked on Amazon they had a lot of different models to choose from? Very confusing...
Old 01-04-2018, 03:12 AM

I have the 6 qt Duo 7 in 1. It is perfect for me. You can cook a lot or a little:: one cup of rice vs 4 cups of rice, two chicken breasts or a whole chicken, one boiled egg or a dozen. I knew I would never use my phone to control/operate the Smart version, and I was not interested in the "sanitizer" feature on another one. You can decide what features are important to you and if you are willing to pay the extra cost to get them.
This chart was the best thing I found when making my choice of which to buy: Hope it helps you.

https://www.hippressurecooking.com/w...right-for-you/
Old 01-04-2018, 11:10 AM
mac

Murphy224: Thanks so much for this article. It really answered a lot of questions that I had. After reading the article, I think that I will also get the Duo 7/1.

Thank you, everyone, for all your votes and information. I don't know what I would do without this Board. There are so many good minds here and immense information to be had.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:30 PM

I have a Power XL which has done everything I've wanted it to. Not as fancy as the high end InstaPot, but it has canned meat, made beans, soups, stews, etc, beef for French Dip, all very well.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:52 PM

My 6 QT Instant Pot is on it's way to me. Just too many great reviews from you ladies plus I read one that a woman had done research on the Instant Pot and another one that her family member had. Compared side by side the one I purchased won hands down.
When I told dh I bought one, he said I've been trying to get you to get an electric pressure cooker for 1.5 years!!! ??? I don't remember that, but I do remember a few years back we bought one off of the tv shows and it died about a year in After I bought a new ring for it that cost over $25! Silly me, I then read the reviews and they were awful.

I have a almost new top of the range pressure cooker that only does 13psi, which most recipes are written for 15 psi, no wonder it was a steal for $30. I never got comfortable using it so it has been taking up space for several years.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:16 PM

For me, only the Instant Pot will do. I especially like that the "pot" is stainless steel instead of ceramic. That way you can really scrub it. Reviews of some indicate possible flaking of the ceramic coating. I have one of the least expensive of the 6 qt models. Works great. Recipes from one pot to another are interchangeable. Just check Pinterest.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:42 AM

Size depends on size of your family, etc. Do you cook a lot or not so much? Love my Instant Pot 6 DUO for the 2 of us. I can understand people would get discouraged learning it, because the instruction book is terrible. Before you buy, I recommend watching all the you tubes you can find. Once you learn, operation is a breeze.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:04 AM
Power Poster

Cannot agree more, tranum. Once you master the basics such as remembering some thin liquid you can play around with spices and ingredients. I use my 3 regularly - we've never had a failure. Some things we like better than others but never had to pitch anything.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:43 AM

Lot’s of boards on Pinterest for Instant pot. Love the mashed potatoes (will keep warm). Try Mac and cheese, cheese cake lots of others.The instant is the best purchase I’ve made.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:01 AM

I have the Power XL and love it but notice that the pot inside is starting to go brown? I was just wondering if the coating is starting to wear away.

It works great and I've used a ton.

Watson