Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Kuerig coffee maker >

Kuerig coffee maker

Kuerig coffee maker

Old 11-02-2014, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by AnnaPf View Post
Kuerigs don't last long, but if you buy them from Bed Bath & Beyond they will replace them every time. I have returned several.
I've had my machine for over 4 yrs so its going pretty good and it gets used alot. I know that some have had problems but if they contact the company they've replaced them. There are lots of threads on here on this.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by judy363905 View Post
A Hint if you Kuerig does not want to work for you... This happened to us just a week ago (same day the water heater went out -- the Kuerig was more upsetting -- I googled Kuerig not working the answer was take off all loose parts, go to your sink turn coffee maker upside down and "spank the bottom" put parts back on plug. Yes it work. And still going knock on wood. If yours stops work give this trick a try.

Judy in Phx, AZ
My husband has a Kuerig and so I read this to him. What a belly laugh! Thanks for livening up the day!
Old 11-02-2014, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by craftygater View Post
I have had a Kuerig for years. I used to use the refillable pods. Until I found a different item at Meijers. It is a small mesh bag or pouch attached to a silicone ring. You put coffee in the mesh and set ring on mug. Dispense water from Kuerig. Remove the filter and dump and rinse. No lids to break off. Will hold any amount of coffee or whatever you want. Works great for loose tea too.
I would think you would not need a Keurig for this gadget, merely a pot of hot water and pour into cup slowly...or did I read something wrong? Might look into that little thing
Old 11-02-2014, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I would think you would not need a Keurig for this gadget, merely a pot of hot water and pour into cup slowly...or did I read something wrong? Might look into that little thing
Well, you can say that for any coffee maker. After Hurricane Ike came thru and we had no electricity for 3 days, I was desperate for my caffiene. I finally gave my husband a pan of water to heat on the gas grill and put coffee and a filter in the coffee maker. I sat the basket from the coffeemaker on top of the pot and very slowly poured the water thru. It worked fine although it sure wasn't as easy and pour and water in flick the switch on and go take a shower. lol
Old 11-02-2014, 08:50 AM

I also have the Mr. Coffee Keurig. I have had it for 3.5 yrs. love it! I'm not a big coffee drinker though so it's perfect for when i want a cup now and then.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:34 PM

I have the large Cuisinart for K-cups and it comes with a plastic fill your own pod that stores in the side of the machine. I use it to mix my own herbal tea blends - vanilla rooibos with strawberry rooibos or whatever tickles my fancy at the moment.

I used to have a Tassimo and the hot chocolate syrup clogged it to the point where it could not be used, despite me cleaning it every time. Mind you, I got 4 years out of that machine.