Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Leftover Pot Roast >

Leftover Pot Roast

Leftover Pot Roast

Old 12-15-2015, 07:32 PM

I make egg noodles & cook in broth with the roast chunked up. Is yummy. If I don't feel like making the noodles, I use spaghetti noodles. Both ways makes great beef noodles.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:47 PM

[QUOTE=maviskw;7404846]I like stroganoff, but I didn't think it was spelled correctly. So I tried it on the computer, but all that came up was "strongman". I went to my dictionary and couldn't find it there either. So I got out my 1955 copy of Meta Given's "Modern Encyclopedia of Cooking" and found it in there. It was only the 'a' that threw me off. I can't believe neither the computer nor my dictionary knew about it.
Meta Given's book is my go

I do the stroganoff also plus many of other suggestions. As there is only two of us---I cut a roast in half and freeze it. I cook it in slow cooker.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:16 PM

I make green chili burritos. chop roast up, brown oinon and chopped green chili and then add gravy and roast. If you have no gravy, buy some beef broth and add that and thicken with some corn startch and water. Roll the meat up in a flour tortia and add cheese and use hot sauce or salsi on the top..
Old 12-15-2015, 09:29 PM

We cut it all up for stew with veggies too.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:07 AM

I make pot roast pate. Put the meat into a processer with some onions, garlic and seasonings. Blend till you get a smooth constancy, not too much. Add salt, pepper and hot sauces as desired. Add enough mayo to facilitate spreadiness. Enjoy on any kind of crackers. I actually make pot roast just to make this pate spread. Great to take to a party as an appetizer. Good luck.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by barny View Post
Cut into bite size, add cut up potatoes, carrots, onions and water or beef broth. Salt and pepper, buttered bread or rolls and yum!
I do as barny does. I also add a bay leaf and tomato soup. Makes a wonderful beef stew!
Old 12-16-2015, 07:36 AM

I'm with Halo....use egg noodles! IF I have any leftovers! Lol...my family gobbles up pretty much the meals .
Old 12-16-2015, 10:58 PM

I cut it into pieces, make a brown gravy, add meat and either serve over bread, mashed potatoes or rice. Add a tossed salad and yum.

When I make pot roast, I make enough for left overs (there are only 2 of us). I add water to the pan drippings so I have enough liquid to cover the meat, I freeze the meat in meal size servings. I use the liquid in the brown gravy or in soup or stew and the meat goes in too. If I make soup first then freeze it, I don't add the noodles until I am ready to serve the soup -- again I freeze serving size portions.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:56 AM

I make soup,enchiladas,chili.
Old 12-19-2015, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by marshaKay View Post
I make pot roast pate. Put the meat into a processer with some onions, garlic and seasonings. Blend till you get a smooth constancy, not too much. Add salt, pepper and hot sauces as desired. Add enough mayo to facilitate spreadiness. Enjoy on any kind of crackers. I actually make pot roast just to make this pate spread. Great to take to a party as an appetizer. Good luck.

Now that's one I have never tried, but will the next time we have leftover roast. I have made a pate with liver wurst and that's good....poorman's faux Grau (sp?)