Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Mexican Pasta Shells

Blog Entries
    When I found this recipe it had my curiosity and sounded good but also sounded strange because I never mixed Mexican food with pasta. Figured I would give it a try and it is very good.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/...0-25a7bf6a00d8

That recipe looks SO good-thanks. I intend to try it,we really like mexican food.

Blog Entries
    Several good recipes there--thank you!

thanks!

I use the jumbo pasta shells often...for lunch, I stuff them with chicken, tuna or ham salad and drizzle them with a bit of ranch or other dressing. A nice alternative to a sandwich, and just as easy to pack up and take for lunch!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DianD
    I use the jumbo pasta shells often...for lunch, I stuff them with chicken, tuna or ham salad and drizzle them with a bit of ranch or other dressing. A nice alternative to a sandwich, and just as easy to pack up and take for lunch!
    Oh yumm!!! Sounds wonderful.

Blog Entries
    i made this recipe last night, it said you could cover and store the stuffed shells over night.

i tweeked it, i cooked 3 chicken breasts in the crockpot yesterday morning with a 1/2 cup of water.

shredded great when it was done and cool.

i also didn't have any chili powder, so i used a package of chicken taco seasoning..mixed up with a 1/2 cup of warm water..then add it to the pan, to mix in with the other ingredients..
    i will know tonight if we all like it! just have to cook it 15 minutes or so, longer,coming from the fridge!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by watterstide
    i made this recipe last night, it said you could cover and store the stuffed shells over night.

i tweeked it, i cooked 3 chicken breasts in the crockpot yesterday morning with a 1/2 cup of water.

shredded great when it was done and cool.

i also didn't have any chili powder, so i used a package of chicken taco seasoning..mixed up with a 1/2 cup of warm water..then add it to the pan, to mix in with the other ingredients..
    i will know tonight if we all like it! just have to cook it 15 minutes or so, longer,coming from the fridge!
    Iím looking forward to your thoughts on it. The chicken breast addition sounds wonderful and rounds out the meal. Maybe it will taste better with the seasonings sitting together for a while?

I cook chicken breasts in the crockpot to make chicken salad. I also toss some onion, carrots, garlic, celery, tiny bit of salt & peppercorns when I have these ingredients on hand. They shred so easily with a fork and the taste great this way.

Blog Entries
    yes, the crockpot is this quilters friend!

i subscribe to "a year of slow cooking"
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

right now they have another chicken recipe "General Tso's Chicken" sounds good too!

now my sister-in-law would use chorizo (?) mexican meat..my brother would use ground chuck!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by watterstide
    yes, the crockpot is this quilters friend!

i subscribe to "a year of slow cooking"
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

right now they have another chicken recipe "General Tso's Chicken" sounds good too!

now my sister-in-law would use chorizo (?) mexican meat..my brother would use ground chuck!
    Thank you for General Tsoís Chicken recipe. Iíve seen this site before but had forgotten about it thanks for the reminder!! :-P

At Thanksgiving I had 4 or 5 crockpots going for keeping appetizers warm - borrowed them from guests who came. Worked out great and saved oven & stove space. Since we are in FL we ate outside (on screened porch) and I had a table set up outside for the crockpots.