Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Muffin advice....

Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland
    Blog Entries
    Have any of you ever moistened up boxed muffin mix by using sour cream? I have done this with cake mix, but wonder about muffin mix. I want to make mini-muffins so they need to be moist. Or have you ever used a cake decorating bag & tube and put whipped cream cheese in muffins like you can do with frosting and cup cakes?

Blog Entries
    Sadly, this is *far* outside my skills set..... :cry: .....as I would dearly love to eat something like that!

Blog Entries
    It sure sounds like it would. DSIL puts a pkg of instant puding in cookies to make them moist and soft. I sure would give it a shot. A DFriend used to put an extra egg in hers, she said it made them creamier, she could bake! Plz let us know how it works.

Blog Entries
    Not sour cream, but applesauce works great! Is tasty in pancakes, too! You could also try vanilla yogurt. Yum... off to raid the fridge for some yogurt now.

It should work, I have used buttermilk in a bran muffin recipe and they are very moist. As far as the whipped cream cheese it should work also. In the bakery we always put the cream pudding and fruit filling in the bismark breakfast rolls that way. You might have to thin the cream cheese a little to get it the right consistency.
    It is worth a try and sounds delicious. As so an Iowan.

I have put cream cheese in muffins but do not know about the sour cream...it
    should work.

I have used sour cream in pound cake and cakes; never thought about muffins -- to me would depend on the flavor muffin...

I've used yogurt before with good results....

Blog Entries
    Kathi, don't know about the muffins, but I sure would like to try the sour cream in a cake mix. How much do you use, and do you substitute it for something else?

Blog Entries
    Kathi, don't know about the muffins, but I sure would like to try the sour cream in a cake mix. How much do you use, and do you substitute it for something else

Sorry, about the repeat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast