Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
PotLuck Recipe, Please >

PotLuck Recipe, Please

PotLuck Recipe, Please

Old 09-12-2010, 08:28 AM

We start our Fall Bible Study on Tuesday. We always start with a luncheon. Please give me some easy potluck recipes. I can cook but I don't like to spend a lot of time during it.
Thanks.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Get some chicken chunks from wm. Pop them in the oven when done put them in a crock pot with watered down BBQ sauce, not too much water but just enough so the sauce can coat all the chicken. The sauce will thicken back up as it heats up. Now you have BBQed chicken chunks and they taste great.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:09 AM

Real easy! Banquet frozen crock pot dinner, beef stew. It is really good and you don't have to do much of anything.LOL !! Of course, you would have to buy more than one bag.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Power Poster

I usually make my homemade potato salad. Takes about and hour to cook the potatoes and eggs and 15 mins to chop and mix.

I put on a large pan of potatoes about 5 pounds and add 19 or 12 eggs in among the potatoes. cover with water and let boil for about an hour. Dump them into a strainer in the sink and let cool. Then peel and dice and then I add a diced onion. Add miracle whip to cover and mix. I usually add a little sugar but not everyone likes it. You can also add a little mustard if you like.

I just let everthing cook and then cool while I am sewing.

Doesn't take long to put together once everything is cooked.

This is my standby for any dinner whether a potluck or family dinner.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Power Poster

These are always a big hit and take no time to make.

I call these Reese's Peanut Butter Bars

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
--------------
1 bag of chocolate chips

Do not grease the tray or pan!

I like to double or triple this recipe.
Note: 1 cellophane pkg of Graham crackers = 1 1/2 cups crumbs
1 whole box = 4 1/2 cups

Melt the peanut butter and the butter in a large bowl.
Mix in the dry ingredients

When you have the ingredients well mixed place into a casserole dish or on a cookie tray that has a rim.

Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or in a double boiler.
IF you use the microwave--Remember to check the chocolate every 30 sec so you don't burn it

Spread the melted chocolate over the peanut butter mix. Put it in the fridge or the freezer to set. It is best to leave it overnight but you can cut it after a few hours. Just check it to see how firm it is. You want the chocolate to set up.

This is a great recipe to let the kids help or let them do the whole thing. You can buy graham cracker crumbs but it is more fun to put graham crackers in a zip lock and give the kids rolling pins and let them crush the grahams!

When I had my Daycare I was in the Government Food Propram. I submitted this recipe and it was admitted as an acceptable snack because the peanut butter and graham crackers make it a healthy snack. And the powdered sugar is not a significant source of carbs compared to regular sugar.

I can tell you these are always a hit! They definately were at Daycare!!
Old 09-12-2010, 11:22 AM

Rhonda, about what size container for these? Single batch?
Old 09-12-2010, 12:25 PM

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/p...ipe/index.html

I made this a couple weeks ago...really easy & everybody loved it!
Old 09-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by clem55
Rhonda, about what size container for these? Single batch?
If you mean the peanut butter bars an 8 x 10 baking dish or a reg size cookie tray works.

If you have less than fills the pan it is like meatloaf in texture, you can form it. You can also form balls and let them freeze then dip them for peanut butter balls instead of bars. I would use a cooling rack to set them on to drip. Once the choc is not so runny you can put them on waxed paper and freeze them.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:35 PM

These are easy!

No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars

1 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 3 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter

Grease a 9x9 inch square pan.
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Mix in the oats. Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until ingredients are well blended. Press half of mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Reserve the other half for topping.
Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust in the pan, and spread evenly with a knife or the back of a spoon.
Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing in gently. Cover, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before cutting into bars.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:37 PM

These are easy!

No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars

1 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 3 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter

Grease a 9x9 inch square pan.
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Mix in the oats. Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until ingredients are well blended. Press half of mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Reserve the other half for topping.
Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust in the pan, and spread evenly with a knife or the back of a spoon.
Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing in gently. Cover, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before cutting into bars.