Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Anyone have an outstanding Peach Pie recipe to share? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/anyone-have-outstanding-peach-pie-recipe-share-t149080.html)

Mariah 08-31-2011 12:38 PM

I will have to brag; it is delicious, and you can make Apple or any fruit pies the same way.
Also, if you don't have enough peaches, you can add Blueberries or other berries, and that is also delicious.
Good luck with your peaches and peach pie!
Mariah

Nana Coop 08-31-2011 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mariah
I will have to brag; it is delicious, and you can make Apple or any fruit pies the same way.
Also, if you don't have enough peaches, you can add Blueberries or other berries, and that is also delicious.
Good luck with your peaches and peach pie!
Mariah

Thanks so much!! Go ahead and brag--love to hear it. :)

B Jane 08-31-2011 09:18 PM

Many years ago, I had a recipe that called for adding a handful of the little hot cinnamon candies to a peach pie. It was actually a valentine dessert - with a heart cutout in the top crust so the "blushing peaches" would show.

Crabby Patty 09-01-2011 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Nana Coop
Could the corn starch be swapped out for Tapioca? I read that Tapioca creates a "clear" glaze - and I know that corn starch creates a hazy glaze??? Just wondering???

Originally Posted by raedar63

Originally Posted by craftybear
thanks for the recipe

Originally Posted by Crabby Patty
Here is one to die for:

Fresh Peach Pie

Crust: 1-1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup oil
2 Tbls. sugar
2 Tbls. milk

Mix with electric mixer. Press in pie pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Filling: 1/2 cup sugar'
3 Tbls. corn starch
2 Tbls. white syrup
1 cup water

Cook on med. heat stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat, stir in 2 Tbls. dry peach jello. Cool in fridge 15-20 minutes. DO NOT SET. Stir in 4 cups sliced peaches. Pour in crust. Refrigerate or freeze. Enjoy.

This is wonderful with any type soft fruit, strawberries, raspberries,just use same flavor of jello.

You could probably substitute tapioca for the corn starch but when you cook the glaze it is clear anyway. Whichever you prefer.patti

Nana Coop 09-02-2011 06:25 AM

I have done this with corn starch and it's always cloudy.

Originally Posted by Nana Coop
Could the corn starch be swapped out for Tapioca? I read that Tapioca creates a "clear" glaze - and I know that corn starch creates a hazy glaze??? Just wondering???

Originally Posted by raedar63

Originally Posted by craftybear
thanks for the recipe

Here is one to die for:

Fresh Peach Pie

Crust: 1-1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup oil
2 Tbls. sugar
2 Tbls. milk

Mix with electric mixer. Press in pie pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Filling: 1/2 cup sugar'
3 Tbls. corn starch
2 Tbls. white syrup
1 cup water

Cook on med. heat stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat, stir in 2 Tbls. dry peach jello. Cool in fridge 15-20 minutes. DO NOT SET. Stir in 4 cups sliced peaches. Pour in crust. Refrigerate or freeze. Enjoy.

This is wonderful with any type soft fruit, strawberries, raspberries,just use same flavor of jello.

You could probably substitute tapioca for the corn starch but when you cook the glaze it is clear anyway. Whichever you prefer.patti

hoppyfrog 09-02-2011 07:12 AM

This isn't a pie but when I was a child (many years ago) mom would use canned peach halfs, drained well, with a cube of cream cheese in the middle and a drop of almond flavoring added. She would broil them just until the cream cheese got a little brown on the edges. Yum, these were so good and quick to make. Think I'll make some tonight.

MellieKQuilter 09-02-2011 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
This isn't a pie but when I was a child (many years ago) mom would use canned peach halfs, drained well, with a cube of cream cheese in the middle and a drop of almond flavoring added. She would broil them just until the cream cheese got a little brown on the edges. Yum, these were so good and quick to make. Think I'll make some tonight.

That does sound good! My BF's mom cans lotsa peaches, I will be passing this on to her for sure!