- 1 pie crust for 9 inch single crust pie
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups hot milk
- 2 cups of mashed butternut squash
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In pan boil water and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and mash. Measure out 2 cups of mashed squash and refrigerate left over and use for a meal.
- Mix sugar, salt, and spices. Blend in milk, squash, eggs, and butter or margarine. Pour filling into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 50 minutes, or until a knife blade inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve with Whip Cream