View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 02:17 AM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I'm amazed that people even take their husband's along to buy a sewing machine. I never do that! I want to browse and try the machine and ask questions. I don't want to have to deal with someone else being bored or trying to influence my decision. He doesn't worry about money as much as I do but he does think he knows more than he does about stuff. So I buy machines on my own. I even bought my last car on my own. I really didn't even need him there but it was only the second new car I'd ever bought so I wanted some moral support. I think he said one thing during the whole process! I'd already gotten them to knock $10,000 off the car so there wasn't much to do there!

It was Older couple who probably never leave each others' side and even grocery shop together. She probably never worked outside of the house and he holds the checkbook. I don't live in their reality. And he wanted her to have the best! But I never thought for one minute that they weren't happy being together! They were a team!

I have always purchased my own cars..as a single and now a married. my DH won't even go with me to look at cars! I drive my purchase home and he is fine with it. We do talk about certain models etc prior to me going shopping thanks to the internet and Edmonds. Neither one of us go overboard on purchases....no Porsche for me! Dangit!

sandy