Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-02-2010, 04:54 PM

thanks Billy for your quick response. sorry for spelling your name wrong the first time.
i thought the machine might have been a bit older. i don't think there are very many hours on it.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:57 PM

Siss,
OMG your parlor cabinet and machine are serious eye candy. It makes my cabinets pale in comparison.
drooling in Texas,
Sharon W.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:01 PM

Sis,

Gorgeous machine.

It would be a 1958 model. Check here

http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_2letter.html

Ruth
Old 06-02-2010, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by siss
just thought i would show you my singer featherweight 221-1. serial # EN237903. could you tell me when it was made and any other information that you know about it. thanks.
Hi, I can tell you that you will love sewing on it. I have been sewing on mine for about a month and love it. It will be going on its first vacation soon with us. I like the idea of taking a pet along that can stay in the car and I don't have to worry if it has enough food, water and cool air!

Your machine and parlor cabinet are so beautiful.

Thanks for bringing your photos into the shop. We all enjoy photos.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Banned

hi billie, i also have my late grandmother's treadle sewing machine in a very ornate cabinet. it looks like the top is inlayed in leather. not sure. it is a new raymond. i don't see a serial number. could you tell me where to look and i would send it to you so if possible you could tell me when it was made and any other information. i would really appreciate your time. i am enjoying looking at all the vintage machines. thank you in advance. if anyone else has information i would appreciate it too.
Okay Siss I am officially in love with this machine!!!! My wife would kill me to know how many of these machines you guys bring in here I fall in love with.

I think it is so beautiful!!!

Billy
Old 06-02-2010, 05:26 PM

Does anyone have a closeup picture of a model 66-1 treadle bobbin winder (don't laugh Billy, I didn't break this one).

I took mine apart to clean it thoroughly thinking it was the same as my other 66 treadle but this one doesn't have the black piece for the bobbin winder but a steel one. I goes together differently. I have most of it put back but can't figure out the rest. It is made differently than the other treadle.

Thanks in advance.
Jan.

Yeah, Billy I did it again!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:34 PM

hi billie, i also have my late grandmother's treadle sewing machine in a very ornate cabinet.
That New Raymond is beyond words. I've said before I'm a sucker for a parlor cabinet, and that one is extra beautiful. I hope you sew on it and make Grandma proud!!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Power Poster

I'm sure this site has been mentioned before, but I'll mention it again. They have a step-by-step guide for refurbishing certain models, including the 66. Their manual does address the different types of bobbin winders on the 66.

Originally Posted by no1jan
Does anyone have a closeup picture of a model 66-1 treadle bobbin winder (don't laugh Billy, I didn't break this one).

I took mine apart to clean it thoroughly thinking it was the same as my other 66 treadle but this one doesn't have the black piece for the bobbin winder but a steel one. I goes together differently. I have most of it put back but can't figure out the rest. It is made differently than the other treadle.

Thanks in advance.
Jan.

Yeah, Billy I did it again!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Help! Can't make up my mind. One is a Peerless and the other is a 'I don't know yet'. ...
Back on page 100 I posted a photo labeled 'I don't know yet'.

I just found out last night from the owners that it is a Burdick manufactured by the Davis Co and sold by Sears and Roebuck in the early 1900's(1899-1903) and later was renamed the Minnesota B.

Think I might get it :idea:

PS: warning to new members... this bug is really, really contagious, sew be sure to protect yourself! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ah Man, you get my collection juices flowing ! what fun to see others that have been bitten as bad as me. so far, mostly Singers,and a White treadle that could not be passed up,etc, etc.
can't stand to see the regal ladies not taken care of & used.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Hi Everyone, All I know is that this thread is going to get me into trouble !!! I never realized how beautiful some of these old machines are. I already have 9 sewing machines at home but not as vintage as the 2 I'm looking at on ebay. I put in a bid on a featherweight -what will I do with my Janome 720? and I made an offer on an electric Red Eye 66? What I really want to do is to get one to take apart clean it and then I can say it's mine!!! I love to take things apart just to see how they work. There doesn't seem to be alot of "works" underneath the treadles. Would it be possible to motorize a treadle? and if so, would it be possible to get a tutorial on it? I know, I know, wheels are turning and I getting into more trouble. it's late, I'm going to sleep--probably dream about all the trouble I'm getting myself in. Anne
Hi Anne, hit garage sales this time of the year. much, much better prices & you get to feel before you buy. especially if you
have a "slightly rural" older part of the area. even treadle cabinets fit in my Camry. smitty