Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother 15" sit down mid arm and Q'nique 15" sit down mid arm >

Brother 15" sit down mid arm and Q'nique 15" sit down mid arm

Brother 15" sit down mid arm and Q'nique 15" sit down mid arm

Old 10-16-2018, 01:09 PM
Power Poster

Default Brother 15" sit down mid arm and Q'nique 15" sit down mid arm

I have looked at both of these machines and it looks to me like they are the same machine except one says Grace and one says Brother. I know Grace makes frames but are they now in the sewing machine business? I've googled as much as I can and the Brother dealer tells me he has never heard of Q'nique and the lady at the JoAnn Fabrics where I saw the Q'nique insists Grace manufactures their own machines. I can't find a local dealer for the sit down Handiquilt. I emailed their head office and got an email back that someone would be in touch with me. So far, no one has.

Does anyone have any clue about the two machines? Thanks.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:32 PM

The Q'nique is the same machine as the BlockRockiT, sold by Kathy Quilts. Kathy Quilts developed the machine, the Grace Company manufactured it and as per their agreement, after a certain amount of time, they were able to put their own name on it and sell it. I have had the BlockRockiT for about 4 or 5 (right after it came out, can't remember how long) years and really like it. Grace has had this machine for about a year less than Kathy Quilts. Support from Kathy Quilts and the Grace Company is excellent!
Old 10-16-2018, 02:39 PM

Grace makes both machines and frames. https://www.graceframe.com/en . They even have a 21" long arm now. I have heard a lot of good about the Q'nique 15. It used to be called the Q'nique 14+. I have not heard of Q'nique and Brother midarms being the same.

Last edited by NZquilter; 10-16-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:08 PM

The Grace Qnique is a great machine I have one on a frame their service and support is the best my SIL has one on a frame also Grace makes a great product
Old 10-16-2018, 09:08 PM

I can't speak on the Brother midarm but have used the Q'nique. I think it is awesome and you can't beat the price and customer service. It's always amazing to me when a company says they never heard of a competitors products most of the time so that you think it's not dependable and you buy their's. With regard to Handi quilter machine have you been to a show where you can try different machines? The reps are at the shows and give you information on how to purchase and them coming to deliver and setup the machine.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:01 AM
Power Poster

I haven't seriously looked at a show. I don't want to be rushed into a decision. I haven't heard from Grace Co. either about local dealers. We keep hearing about buy local for service. I don't mind not doing that for a smaller machine, but, with that amount of $$ would prefer local. I am still curious if Grace opened up a sewing machine manufacturing plant. Or worked with some other big manufacturer on their specs and branding. Like Brother/Babylock, etc.