Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BZ quilting
I hope I am posting correctly. I asked a question earlier, but no one answered it, so I don't know if I am posting correctly. Has anyone ever seen a featherweight with a hand crank?
Opps I must have had this one slip by me somehow I am very sorry about that.

I have never seen one converted to a handcrank, but like the ones that were posted just before this they are a 1:1 ratio. Which means for every turn of the crank it would make one stitch. Most handcranks are around a 6:1 ratio I think.

Billy
Old 06-07-2010, 03:22 PM

I have a Red Eye that I am considering strippng for parts if I can help anyone out.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Honchey
She is refunding my money and she told me to keep the machine. The wheel wants to turn but it is encased in styrofoam, hopefull the rest is ok. I feel somewhat better. I hope thats the only problem. I would hate to think I only have a decorative machine and not be able to use it. I am going to do as directed after dinner tonight. Thanks, Anne
Well at least your not out money on a broken machine. I just wish folks knew how to pack a machine, it really is not that hard a 3rd grader can do it.

Billy
Old 06-07-2010, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by KenZ
I have a Red Eye that I am considering strippng for parts if I can help anyone out.
If it is a back clamp foot, Glenn is looking for attachments!

Can you post a picture of it?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:28 PM

Billy,
I took the slide plate covering the bobbin off the 285K to see better to oil all the moving parts. Now can you please advise me of the secret to reattach that slide to the rocker spring that holds it on? Ruth
Old 06-07-2010, 04:28 PM

Billy, Do you know where I might find a large bottom wheel for a Singer model AB635082? Also the nut that holds the pitman arm on the bottom of the treadle? It had been converted to electric and those parts are missing and I would like to restore it. The machine runs great. Thanks

Also who made the fiddle base machine, very old and has a flat needle bar I think I might see singer on it but can't find any numbers. Trish
Old 06-07-2010, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Ok ,,, here are somemore pictures of the mysterious Edmond sewing machine... This is what she looks like and all the info I can get from her.
She sure is pretty!!! So are you getting it or do you already have it?

BK somehow I was counting on you to pick up on the "Vibrator" part. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
No Billy, I don't have it and was not sure of getting it cuz not finding anything out on the make, I'm not sure if it would need something if I could get it or not... So that is where I stand now.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:02 PM

Billy, cannot Honchey take the machine apart and clean out all the depri?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Honchey
She is refunding my money and she told me to keep the machine. The wheel wants to turn but it is encased in styrofoam, hopefull the rest is ok. I feel somewhat better. I hope thats the only problem. I would hate to think I only have a decorative machine and not be able to use it. I am going to do as directed after dinner tonight. Thanks, Anne
Well at least your not out money on a broken machine. I just wish folks knew how to pack a machine, it really is not that hard a 3rd grader can do it.

Billy
Ya know. I have a 3rd grader. We could put that theory to the test :) Of course....he's my kid, so he's really smart :twisted:

Honestly, though, I cannot believe how careless people are when shipping things. It's a real shame. Maybe you could write a book on how to ship things properly next ;)
Old 06-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cabinqltr
Billy,
I took the slide plate covering the bobbin off the 285K to see better to oil all the moving parts. Now can you please advise me of the secret to reattach that slide to the rocker spring that holds it on? Ruth
:-P :-P :-P You have to hold your mouth right!!! :-P :-P :-P

Its like my 66 you have to hold it up at an angle and try to catch the spring in the groves on the bottom of the plate. And you have to start it sorta twisted so one side catches first. Its not fun to do and takes a bit but it will get on there. Also if you have something to stick under the spring and help it into the grooves it helps.

Just finesse it a little bit!!!

Billy