Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-11-2010, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Darcene
Aw, Billy, you know I love you.....you knew that I was hoping you would tell me that I "NEED" a lovely 201....now that I have your support and encouragement in my little addiction----Let the hunt begin.........
Here's more encouragement--I love my 201. so soothing to sew on after a noisy day. it's my go-to machine now. smitty
Old 06-11-2010, 09:11 AM

Great idea ! Put me in!
Old 06-11-2010, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
LOL waits to hear the next question or answer from crossstitcher too ;/

:oops: Sorry about the above message. Have to excuse me I am new at this message sending. :roll:
Smiling. was just teasing with you! We all have done the same!
When I was in MD I did a lot of teasing too. I grew up in MD. Love reading all these post.
Well Hello fellow Marylander! Annapolis area here!
Glad to meet you. I lived in Annapolis for a while my daughter was born there. Heard of Pine Wiff Beach? Never know who you will meet on here. Love reading everyone's threads.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:00 AM

LOL waits to hear the next question or answer from crossstitcher too ;/

:oops: Sorry about the above message. Have to excuse me I am new at this message sending. :roll:
Smiling. was just teasing with you! We all have done the same!
When I was in MD I did a lot of teasing too. I grew up in MD. Love reading all these post.
Well Hello fellow Marylander! Annapolis area here!
Glad to meet you. I lived in Annapolis for a while my daughter was born there. Heard of Pine Wiff Beach? Never know who you will meet on here. Love reading everyone's threads.
Can't say I have heard of Pine Wiff Beach.. Many of the beaches have become developments. But the biggest landmark is the Bay Bridge! Nice to make your acquaintance too!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by cjaye44
Originally Posted by JoAnnGC
I'm sure I've lost my mind. I blame it on all of you since I was perfectly sane before I started out with the QB. I was all set to acquire a reasonably priced (i.e., inexpensive) FW. I have been bidding on hundreds of them over the past few months but haven't won yet. Then I came across this cute green thing, became obsessed and forgot about the FWs. I just won an auction on shopgoodwill.com a Husqvarna Viking Automatic Type 21 machine in its original case. It looks pretty good cosmetically and I have no idea what it is really worth or if it will actually work but I just paid what I think is a very reasonable price for it (I almost feel guilty). I am going to try to post the pics from the auction listing and would really appreciate it if anyone can give me any info on this machine as I have not been able to find more than a couple of websites that even mention it. I know I'll probably have to do some cleaning and oiling and I will be happy to receive lots of helpful advice, comments, pros, cons, etc. I'm such a silly girl sometimes...I know part of the reason I love the look of this machine is because it matches my KitchenAid stand mixer (also a pretty green) which is my favorite appliance of all time. I hope I made a good decision. By the way, I lied...I don't think I've ever been perfectly sane...that would be very boring!!! Take a look and tell me what you think of it.
Please let us know how it arrives. I was looking at that one also and emailed to find out how well it was packed for shipping. In reply they said it would be wrapped in bubble wrap and cushioned with wadded up newspapers or styrofoam peanuts. That scared me off. I've seen several machines on that site that look nice but I've been burned several times buying online and I'm gun shy now. But I do hope you're one of the lucky ones!! She was a little beauty!!
Thanks for the warning! I emailed and asked them to take extra care when packing to make sure that the machine does not rattle around loose in the case and so that the case is padded and secure in the shipping box. I received a very nice note back from the assistant manager that she would personally see that the shipping department honors my request and that everything is packed with great care. Hopefully, that will ensure a safe delivery. They are shipping it out today. I can't wait!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Power Poster

Ok be patient, there are a LOT of pics . This machine was given to me by a neighbor who was tired of it sitting in his garage :thumbup:

The top of the stool
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83539[/ATTACH]

some of the stuff inside the stook
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83540[/ATTACH]

more stuff
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83541[/ATTACH]

Darning foot ?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83542[/ATTACH]

The case
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83543[/ATTACH]

The machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83544[/ATTACH]

Some of the stuff in the drawer
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83618[/ATTACH]

Needs a new rubber wheel ?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83619[/ATTACH]

Back of machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83620[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-83534.jpe
Views:	160
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	83539   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-83535.jpe
Views:	124
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	83540   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-83536.jpe
Views:	160
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	83541   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-83537.jpe
Views:	136
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	83542   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-83538.jpe
Views:	161
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	83543  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-83539.jpe
Views:	139
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	83544   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-83613.jpe
Views:	143
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	83618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-83614.jpe
Views:	155
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	83619   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-83615.jpe
Views:	136
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	83620  
Old 06-11-2010, 11:20 AM

Thanks Darcene, I went to that site and have ordered through Connecting Threads with a discount, the DVD and the Book by Dave. I went to Featherweight RX.com and found a neat thing also. I wanted to compare prices before ordering. The DVD and Dave's Book were more expensive on this site, but for the month of June only and as a web order, there is a Quilter's bundle, 3 feet for the featherweight, plus fabric and featherweight sew guide. The three feet total is more expensive sold individually, plus there is free shipping for the month of June only. All of you who have featherweights might want to check this out.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:27 AM

Billy, you are so lucky! That two-spool Eldridge is beautiful! How did you come to own it?

That's one machine I'd love to own, and one day, I'll find one.

Cricket
Old 06-11-2010, 11:32 AM

Well Dear where is that "Mean Green Machine" I didn't see a pic. of it, or did you not get it posted? I would loved to see it. Gerbie
Old 06-11-2010, 11:33 AM

Well you lucky lady Sharon B. Congrats.