Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-01-2010, 04:47 AM

Has anyone seen one like this? Can you tell me what type of machine it is? Did Janome have early badged machines or is it one they made. Is it worth $30? I am going to go see it tomorrow unless it is sold before then.

Thanks for all the support for this addiction here.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-84500.jpe
Views:	429
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	84505  
Old 07-01-2010, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by PunkQuilter
Kitzone-

This is the little gem I found in all the pics for my local auction this week. I am going to the preview tomorrow evening. In addition they have two other pretty oak treadles. Wish me luck. I want to take this one home with me.
GOOOOOOOOD LUCK! I will be doing more happy dances if you get some of the deals others have in the auctions and thrift store finds lately.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by PunkQuilter
Kitzone-

This is the little gem I found in all the pics for my local auction this week. I am going to the preview tomorrow evening. In addition they have two other pretty oak treadles. One is clearly a singer and the other is a mystery manufacturer for the moment. Naturally there is a pile of furniture about six feet high on top of them..which pains me a bit. Wish me luck. I want to take this one home with me.
Oh goodness.... I am going to keep my fingers crossed and wish you the best of luck!! I hope she gets a new home : )

I am beginning to think that half the fun is in the search. Kind of like a treasure hunt. Unfortunately, I have a "fix it" personality. If it's broken, I want to fix it immediately.

So... If anyone has 3 metal drawer pulls like the one below that they would be willing to part with...please let me know.

Again, good luck PunkQuilter at your auction. I am confident you'll find a treasure or two.

Judy

Cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84507[/ATTACH]

Needed drawer pull
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84508[/ATTACH]

Name:	Attachment-84502.jpe
Views:	160
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	84507   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-84503.jpe
Views:	149
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	84508  
Old 07-01-2010, 05:11 AM

wow! Isn't that beautiful!!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by girardgirl61
billy, look on craig's lists for Louisville, KY on may 29 under sewing machines for sale. It is really old and 25 dollars. have alook and see what you think. think it says old sewing machine. I have never seen anything like this. Very interesting. it is a singer it says. I tried to copy and paste the picture, but no luck.
That is a Singer 12 machine I have one coming this way from France that has the MOP inlays. I love those machines they were the ones that really put Issac Singer on the map!!

Thanks for posting and it is a great price for one!!

Billy
Old 07-01-2010, 05:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Has anyone seen one like this? Can you tell me what type of machine it is? Did Janome have early badged machines or is it one they made. Is it worth $30? I am going to go see it tomorrow unless it is sold before then.

Thanks for all the support for this addiction here.
That is a badged machine but I have never seen a Janome 15 before. I would say YES to the is it worth it part because the Japanese 15's are in my opinion way better made that the Singers. I honestly cant believe I said that but it is true, the quality control of these machines were spot on!

In fact my Universal 15 is my favorite machine in my arsenal!!

Billy
Old 07-01-2010, 06:12 AM

Just curious. Would someone share their knowledge about Badged machines?

1.) what is a badged machine?
2.) Is there way way to identify a badged machine?

Judy
Old 07-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kitzone
Just curious. Would someone share their knowledge about Badged machines?

1.) what is a badged machine?
2.) Is there way way to identify a badged machine?

Judy
A badged machine is machine made by one manufacturer and he sells it to many different distributors and stores. For example Sears, Montgomery Ward, JC Penny all had badged machines with their store brand or name on them.

To be able to identify them is by looking at the features and the peculiars about the machine itself. sometimes its easy and sometime its hard. I am in the middle of the Japanese machine research for the NeedleBar and the more I find out the more questions come to surface. I am trying to be able to track the JA and JC numbers to certain manufacturers and also being able to accurately date the machines.

But machine badging has been going on since the advent of the sewing machine so a lot of the early makers put other folks name on their machines like National, Free, Davis. They were the most popular to be badged.

Billy
Old 07-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Power Poster

I have my Singer model 66 treadle all torn apart. I took lots of pictures as I was going, hoping that I will be able to put it back together. Now I hate to ask this question, in case no one else sees it, but is this a chick, or maybe a duckling?

Singer chick?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84323[/ATTACH]

Name:	Attachment-84318.jpe
Views:	126
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	84323  
Old 07-01-2010, 08:53 AM

Dunster, its a duck :lol: