Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-15-2010, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by mlaceruby
I'm sitting here with goosebumps!
after looking at the pamphlet
I see that I have all the attachments that originally came with the machine and I have a wooden needlecase with 10 needles!

the same auction had a Singer treadle in really bad shape totally rusted fast and the cabinet was rotted- it sold for $125!!!
I bet my hubby lifts the ban on more machines now!!!
I've seen a lot of machines, and have never seen a N Y Singer. I've heard of a person or two having them, but the condition of yours is wonderful.
Great find!!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Oh, Billy, you may have to wrestle Missy for it. She has made it her new throne. Of course she does that with each new machine. I thought in the front foyer they wouldn't be interested.
I love the look that she is giving me right now.......its like "dont you even dare...." :lol: :lol: :lol:

I take that you are really happy with it, I know I would be!!

Billy
Old 07-15-2010, 06:40 AM

[quote=Lostn51]
Oh, Billy, you may have to wrestle Missy for it. She has made it her new throne.

I love the look that she is giving me right now.......its like "dont you even dare...." :lol: :lol: :lol:

I take that you are really happy with it, I know I would be!!

Billy
Oh, Billy, yes I am very happy.

sorry to say the Singer Lotus for $15 has been sold. Not happy about that.... :cry: :cry:
Old 07-15-2010, 06:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I've seen a lot of machines, and have never seen a N Y Singer. I've heard of a person or two having them, but the condition of yours is wonderful.
Great find!!
I refurbished one about a year ago and its sitting in Maine in a friends collection. But it still had close to 60% of the decals still on it. Its cabinet was the full sized one very similar to the White that was found the other week that is in someones avatar!!! (Congratulations on that find!!!)

Just take really good care of the machine, you have one of a very few out there.

Billy
Old 07-15-2010, 06:42 AM

It's funny to hear people say that they don't know if they can use a knee lever that many of these old electric machines in cabinets have.

I was raised using a knee lever and LOVE it! In fact, when I had a knee lift on Bernina, I NEVER used it because I couldn't get used to it's function. When I pushed on a knee lever I expected my machine to start sewing...not lift the presser foot! LOL
Old 07-15-2010, 06:45 AM
Banned

sorry to say the Singer Lotus for $15 has been sold. Not happy about that.... :cry: :cry:
Oh that is not good, I think it was the Brown version at that....

:( :( :(

Well who ever got it had one heck of a good deal, but I am not the least bit worried about you falling off into something even better!!

Billy
Old 07-15-2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Great find!!
I refurbished one about a year ago and its sitting in Maine in a friends collection. But it still had close to 60% of the decals still on it. Its cabinet was the full sized one very similar to the White that was found the other week that is in someones avatar!!! (Congratulations on that find!!!)

Just take really good care of the machine, you have one of a very few out there.

Billy
OK now I have another question?
Insurance?
We have been redoing our homeowners policy. My hubby collects antique toys( well toys of any kind) and we added a rider to cover the appraised value of his collection.
Do any of you carry insurance on your machines?
and how do you come up with a value?
as I don't know of anyone to appraise these.
I am going to go thru and itemize the machines I have later today, with pics and serial #'s. then I can go online and try to find similar machines and sale prices,
But if this one is so rare most likely won't find it.
any suggestions?
Old 07-15-2010, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Oh that is not good, I think it was the Brown version at that....

Billy
I have a 66 with Lotus decals, and you said earlier (before I cleaned it up) that it looked like it might be the brown version. I have been staring at Needlebar pictures of the Brown Lotus and the Egyptian Lotus and for the life of me I can't see much difference. Is it just that the left side of the stem is more brown than yellow? If that's the case, I have a Brown Lotus!!! These are pictures of the machine after all the work. There are still some things that didn't turn out nice and shiny. A lot of the pieces that I thought should be shiny (such as some knobs, bobbin cover plate) are dull brown. Any idea why that is?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-76604.jpe
Views:	393
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	76609   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-76605.jpe
Views:	389
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	76610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-76606.jpe
Views:	390
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	76611  
Old 07-15-2010, 07:36 AM

Ok Billy, while I have been out of the shop have you posted a tutorial or something on how sew many can sign their names to their posts?

I am seeing these signatures all over the board. It seems to have occured once you posted your exquisite new signature of Treadles for Life.

I wanna know, I wanna know. :-D
Old 07-15-2010, 08:41 AM

I am seeing these signatures all over the board. It seems to have occured once you posted your exquisite new signature of Treadles for Life.

I wanna know, I wanna know. :-D[/quote]

Here you go, make one too. have fun. Ruth

http://www.mylivesignature.com