Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Power Poster

Everyones new machines look really nice. Great finds!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by cizzors
Originally Posted by Lostn51
I need some help with this treadle I picked up yesterday at a garage sale. I'm getting excited by some of the info I'm digging up and my luck just doesn't run that way!

It's a Wheeler & Wilson D-9. Serial number is 2538191. What I'm seeing so far is that it dates somewhere between 1887-1905. There are no markings/decals on it at all(except the gold medalian on the bed)-in fact, it looks as if someone painted it flat black because I think I see brush streaks.

If anyone could help or point me to a good site for info, would really appreciate it.

I'll post some pics if I can. Not great pics and even worse photographer!
Go to the NeedleBar.org they have all of the information you could ever want.

Billy

Ok. Going to try this again. Billy, I went to NeedleBar as you suggested but not real happy with the site. Maybe I'm to impatient.

I followed all the rules and registered. Had to wait for acceptance which was the next day. Then I had to introduce myself with proper info. That was 2 days ago and still waiting on acceptance. My intro was no different then any other but obviously was not accepted because the post never showed up (as per instructions). I can't even read any posts while waiting to be accepted. I know-their rules.

I give up. If anyone can point me in the right direction to get me started, would really appreciate it.

Thanks again, Karen

Karen hopefuly they will get to you're intro soon. I now when I joined there was a bit of delay and it drove me batty because I wanted to see all this wealth of information and I couldn't.
I dont know how many moderators or admins they have but I have only *seen* a few that I can remember so maybe they are backlogged.
I would give it a few more days. Just hang out with us
:mrgreen:

Very nice machine by the way
Old 08-05-2010, 03:28 AM

When I try to sign to needlebar.org, I am told that my account is inactive. Does anyone know how I can activate it? The site tells me to contact the administrator, but gives me no way to do that.
I cannot reregister because it tells me my email address is already registered.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:59 AM

I have been waiting to be accepted on needlebar for about 2 months. I also am trying to date some machines other than singers.

If anyone knows the code to getting in, please pass it on to me too.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:40 AM

I too am waiting to get accepted, but I do have the link to the pics section if that will help anyone. There are a bunch of machines in there, but I am not sure if the pics have dates of the machines.

http://needlebar.org/cm~nb/index.php?cat=2
Old 08-05-2010, 05:06 AM
Banned

Well I am a little disappointed in the way that they are doing the new members trying to join. I know the reason for them doing it but I dont understand why some of you are waiting months to be able to join.

The reason for the waiting period is that everything on the site is copyright protected and they have had a lot of folks get on there and steal information and print it as theirs without permission. Or use it for selling items on eBay.

I know from what comments that have been made by a few that they are not happy that I am running this shop here........ :roll:

Billy
Old 08-05-2010, 05:09 AM
Banned

Ok. Going to try this again. Billy, I went to NeedleBar as you suggested but not real happy with the site. Maybe I'm to impatient.

I followed all the rules and registered. Had to wait for acceptance which was the next day. Then I had to introduce myself with proper info. That was 2 days ago and still waiting on acceptance. My intro was no different then any other but obviously was not accepted because the post never showed up (as per instructions). I can't even read any posts while waiting to be accepted. I know-their rules.

I give up. If anyone can point me in the right direction to get me started, would really appreciate it.

Thanks again, Karen
Let me do some digging around and see what I can come up with for you.

Billy
Old 08-05-2010, 05:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
I have a question. I think I might be getting a singer 66. From what I understand the feed dogs do not drop. How do you cover them up for quilting?

Also I this one is a back clamp shank does this one still take the standard needle and bobbin?

Thanks for any help
Yes It will take a 15x1 needle and the standard class 66 bobbins.

Billy
Old 08-05-2010, 05:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Katia
Hi, I just found a really nice 500a in a pretty cabinet. The only problem I can see in the picture is the front cover is missing. Are these easily found or should I pass? She wants 50 for it.
The front cover is not going to be the easiest to find. They are very fragile just like the top of the machine that lifts up. But they are out there you just have to find them. Try ebay and see what you can come up with.

Billy
Old 08-05-2010, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well I am a little disappointed in the way that they are doing the new members trying to join. I know the reason for them doing it but I dont understand why some of you are waiting months to be able to join.

The reason for the waiting period is that everything on the site is copyright protected and they have had a lot of folks get on there and steal information and print it as theirs without permission. Or use it for selling items on eBay.

I know from what comments that have been made by a few that they are not happy that I am running this shop here........ :roll:

Billy
Well, we are happy you are running this shop. I'm unhappy with them also cause when you want info, you want it NOW. :twisted: