Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-05-2010, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by SherriB
Can anyone tell me about my new baby? I found it for $5.00 at Salvation Army today. It is in excellent condition, has ALL the cams and feet, some still in original paper wrapping!!!
I know nothing about it, except it's Japanese and very cute!
Old 08-05-2010, 04:11 PM

This came with it and I have no idea what it is used for.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-92390.jpe
Views:	458
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	92395  
Old 08-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by SherriB
Can anyone tell me about my new baby? I found it for $5.00 at Salvation Army today. It is in excellent condition, has ALL the cams and feet, some still in original paper wrapping!!!
I know nothing about it, except it's Japanese and very cute!
I believe that was made by the Koyo-Seiko company but if you could look under the bed and see if you can see any JA or JC numbers I can narrow it down for you. One of the numbers will be stamped in the edge of the bed and the other cast into the bottom of the bed. Also is there any markings on the parts under it.

Billy
Old 08-05-2010, 04:17 PM

Billy, would you please date this machine for me? AE428903
I love all your information ,thank you so much for doing this for all of us. Marge
Old 08-05-2010, 04:21 PM

Alright, I think I am working on another convert. Or maybe my sister just likes to get me to spend some money. She found a CL listing near her home. Ends up that it is some guy that couldn't tell me what he had when I called. But said they would be cheap. So found his house in the country. I beat him home but he was on the way, I could see the dust cloud on the road. So he opens the door on an outbuilding. Says I gotta move the bikes out of the way. Two very nice older Harley choppers. One he was still buidling the engine. I thought of Billy immediately.

Oh well there are stacks of stuff he says he has to move to get to the machines. I see one cabinet and one singer clone naked so I asked how many? He says he has 5 machines, $20 each or take them all for $50. Well, what do you think I did????? You're right. I now own, a Standard model , Kenmore crinkle finish angular one - taken out of the cabinet as all the legs were broken off, a blue and white something from the 60's I think, a newer plastic singer in a cabinet that is going directly to Goodwill, aaaannnnddddd a very nice Singer 503 with a box of cams.

Sorry, no pictures until I get back home to download off my camera......Did I do good?

Billy, sorry I didn't have the camera with me to take a picture of the bikes.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:24 PM

Love old sewing machines. I learned to sew on a Domestic treadle converted to electric. As a bride, I sewed on a 1908 Singer treadle (my daughter has it, still working). Recently bought a 1953 Singer in a wooden case for $45. This is not a collection; I regard them as pets.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Alright, I think I am working on another convert. Or maybe my sister just likes to get me to spend some money. She found a CL listing near her home. Ends up that it is some guy that couldn't tell me what he had when I called. But said they would be cheap. So found his house in the country. I beat him home but he was on the way, I could see the dust cloud on the road. So he opens the door on an outbuilding. Says I gotta move the bikes out of the way. Two very nice older Harley choppers. One he was still buidling the engine. I thought of Billy immediately.

Oh well there are stacks of stuff he says he has to move to get to the machines. I see one cabinet and one singer clone naked so I asked how many? He says he has 5 machines, $20 each or take them all for $50. Well, what do you think I did????? You're right. I now own, a Standard model , Kenmore crinkle finish angular one - taken out of the cabinet as all the legs were broken off, a blue and white something from the 60's I think, a newer plastic singer in a cabinet that is going directly to Goodwill, aaaannnnddddd a very nice Singer 503 with a box of cams.

Sorry, no pictures until I get back home to download off my camera......Did I do good?

Billy, sorry I didn't have the camera with me to take a picture of the bikes.
Lisa I really love how you can do this. You and I are the only ones I know that can fall off into something like this and come out smelling like a rose!!! You did AWESOME!!!!

I guess you can slide on the photos of the bikes but I have to see the machines!!!

Something tells me when I get out there to you Lisa your going to open up your garage door and it will be like that barn full of machines and goodies!! It will feel like an episode of "Pickers" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 08-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marge
Billy, would you please date this machine for me? AE428903
I love all your information ,thank you so much for doing this for all of us. Marge
Marge all I have done is found a use for all of this useless trivia I have LOL!!

Your machine is a really good one to have!! You have a Model 201
with 10,000 of them allotted on March 17 1937!! Does it have the potted motor on it? it is a self contained motor that is gear driven and has no belts exposed.

Billy
Old 08-05-2010, 04:35 PM

[quote=Lostn51
Something tells me when I get out there to you Lisa your going to open up your garage door and it will be like that barn full of machines and goodies!! It will feel like an episode of "Pickers" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy[/quote]

Well, not sure any of these are going to make it back to California just yet. I am considering if I can get the Universal in my luggage. I think it would throw it over the weight limit. I will have to come up with some way to ship the rest. Probably when I come back at Christmas time. Or maybe just bring more luggage to fill up with sewing machines.... ;) ;) ;)
Old 08-05-2010, 04:48 PM

If the Standard Sewing Machine Co. was taken over by the Singer Co. in 1934, then, would a Standard machine with the serial number 1025175 be found in the Singer Sewing Machine Serial Numbers' site? If not, where should I look to find out? Thanks. :-D :-D :-D