Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-15-2010, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

I might flip the 301 but not quite sure yet I will know more after a get to cleaning and playing with it. I just do not like the electric machines or as some here knows as an aversion :mrgreen:

Billy
Billy I have a 1901 model 27 that I am redoing. I have a new belly coming, a new top drawer, and one new side drawer. Actually, none of the things I bought off of e-bay to fix this machine's cabinet are new, they are from vintage cabinets like mine!

I need a spool pin and the tension dial is missing the wire thread guide. Do you have those available? It sews just fine, even without the wire thread guide on the tension disk. So I probably could get by without the wire thing. But, I do need a thread pin thing.

This is the one old girl that I just can't bring myself to throw out. She came in terrible shape and looks much better, but still not in good shape. Decals mostly missing.

Nancy
Old 09-15-2010, 08:41 AM

I saw this on craigslist and thought Id post it in case anyone is interested. I wish I had the money for it!! http://quadcities.craigslist.org/art/1953107079.html
Old 09-15-2010, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Miz Johnny, I'd love to live close enough to you to see your machines! I also have a 99K, but of course mine still has a cord attached. Your 99K looks great as a hand crank.

Nancy
I wish you lived close enough to come and take some HOME with you.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by loves2quilt
I saw this on craigslist and thought Id post it in case anyone is interested. I wish I had the money for it!! http://quadcities.craigslist.org/art/1953107079.html
Aaah, she is beautiful. Just like my Connie. I hope someone snaps her up and loves her.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by ChubbyBunny
I just bought my first vintage machine on eBay. I'm expecting her any day now. She's a beautiful little Featherweight who shall be named "Button". I'm already planning my next vintage purchase....I want a Singer 301. :D
Awesome score!!!!

I might flip the 301 but not quite sure yet I will know more after a get to cleaning and playing with it. I just do not like the electric machines or as some here knows as an aversion :mrgreen:

Billy
If I could justify another portable . . .

Billy, I am tempted to ask you to let me know if you decide to flip that 301. What would I do with a second 301? You always need backup, right? And besides, I don't have that color yet ;-)

Aardie.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
I just bought my first vintage machine on eBay. I'm expecting her any day now. She's a beautiful little Featherweight who shall be named "Button". I'm already planning my next vintage purchase....I want a Singer 301. :D
Beautiful FW! What year was this one manufactured?

Nancy
Thanks, Nancy. I was told by the seller that her birthdate is October 14, 1953. She should be here by Saturday! :-D
Old 09-15-2010, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by loves2quilt
Very nice! I wish I had the $$$ too.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:09 PM

I just realized I have a coffin case Singer with they key. Bought her for $50. Has a knee lift control. Will HAVE TO clean up my sewing room ASAP!!!!! And post pictures. With that same machine, also got another old sewing machine. It came in a green case - can't remmber the brand name. Too much to do and too little time.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:11 PM

Awesome score!!!!

Billy
So, you might be selling your 301? If you do, please let us know.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:44 PM

Is there room for another stool at the shop? I didn't know I was going to be hanging around a vintage sewing machine shop. Many, many years ago I was able to get the treadle sewing machine I learned on at my great-grandmothers auction. THe only problem is the machine was in a box (someone said the needle or something was jammed and would not sew). It has been packed away since and I have been using the parlor cabinet without the machine inside. Now I am anxious to see if I can get it working again. I also have a Singer 66 from my MIL and a FW that sews but needs some cleaning and some adjustment so it looks like I am in the right shop.