Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by grannysewer
Billy, or anyone, What is the difference in the Featherweight and the Feather lite? Or is there any?
Featherweight is a sewing machine and a Feather lite is a car hauler! :lol:

A lot of sellers will miss spell or not really know what they are called and list them wrong and you can pick them up for next to nothing. Sometime stupidity will cost you big time. :roll:

Billy
Old 09-28-2010, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Nolee
Yes, she is indeed a beauty. If you haven't named her yet, depending on your age, you could call her "Rhonda" after Rhonda Flemming, the famous movie star redhead.

Originally Posted by no1jan
Well I guess I'll start if off. This is my newest acquisition I picked up this last week. I had posted it already, but it deserves to shine on this post.

It a a Singer Model 66-1 Treadle I got off Craigslist for free! :) :) :)

Works beautifully except for the bobbin winder I broke while cleaning her.

Isn't she a beauty. Haven't named her yet. :thumbup:
Where is the picture? Did you post it to the picture section, I didn't see it here?

Nancy
Old 09-28-2010, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Here is the link done better

http://needlebar.org/main~nb/manuals

Nancy
Can someone help me gain access to needlebar.
When I try to login, I get a message that my username is inactive. I do not know how to contact the administater to request that it be activated. I try to re-register and get a message that my email address is already in use. So, I am locked out and cannot ask for help. My thoughts are that someone who can post questions to the administrator can be my advocate. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by AlwaysJustBeth
Thanks Nancy and Billy. I tried random manuals online to see if I might find one that fit my machine. Didn't try too many tho. I was looking for a threading map. This machine doesn't have a bobbin case. The bobbin sits on a little post that folds onto the bobbin to hold it in place. Also wondering about needles. The one in it is broken and bent. I've not taken it out yet. Beth
Ok Beth, now I am convinced your machine is actually a Singer 9W. The bobbin on the 9W just pops in and you have to fold the post in. I actually have a bunch of bobbins for my machine, but Billy could tell you if you need special bobbins or just ordinary ones. He probably has the bobbins if they are something special. Mine look pretty ordinary.

As far as the needle, those machines take a special vintage needle that is like pulling teeth to find. I managed to find some on e-bay. You will need a 127X1 or Boye # 18 to use on that machine. Unfortunately, the 9W do not take a normal/modern needle. Billy and I think Charlee are working on finding a low cost modern needle that will work on the 9W machines.

I love my Singer 9W -- It threadles very nice, but also try to remember the wheel on the 9W machines turns the opposite of most other machines. You roll the wheel away from you to sew, not toward you like most treadles!

Please post a picture!

Nancy
wondering about the size 18 Boye needles. I found some that are 16. Do each number have their own specific shaft that fits into the machine? Would the 16 work?
Beth
Old 09-28-2010, 08:41 AM

I have had the exact same issue. I sent an email to the administrator and have not received a reply. It's been at least a month.

Originally Posted by Icandothat

Nancy
When I try to login, I get a message that my username is inactive. I do not know how to contact the administater to request that it be activated. I try to re-register and get a message that my email address is already in use. So, I am locked out and cannot ask for help. My thoughts are that someone who can post questions to the administrator can be my advocate. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Icandothat

Nancy
Me, too. I tried to register and was told it was complete. But then I can't look at anything. Thanks, Bobbie
Old 09-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Banned

I will leave a message for Alan but he is doing this to weed out the folks that steal information from the site and use it as there own research.

Billy
Old 09-28-2010, 01:00 PM

wondering about the size 18 Boye needles. I found some that are 16. Do each number have their own specific shaft that fits into the machine? Would the 16 work?
Beth[/quote]

Hi Beth,
the Boye 16 is for a Singer and is a 15x1, don't think it will work with your W&W.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Banned

Nope you have to have the 18's or maybe these industrial needles I have that I havent tried out yet.

Billy
Old 09-28-2010, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I have a question on what the abbreviations mean from the Singer site.
These were copied from the site as examples.
I understand that K stands for hand-crank.
F-
15K C.S.
January-June
C.S.

What does the C.S. stand for after 15K C.S. ?
F-
23- Cloth.
January-June
CLOTH

And sometimes after the year it will state "cloth". What does that mean?

F-
January-June
R

And, what does the R stand for?

Thank you.

Does anyone know what the abbreviations stand for?