Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-17-2010, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Well DH did it again! :lol: He came home and told me he had two "red heads and a blonde" in the back of his truck. Sure enough he did. Here's the pictures. :roll:
Nice machine finds!
What is attached to the front of the one "red head"? (looks like a growth or a confused "red head")
That's a stitch regulator and reverse lever. Ugly isn't it :cry: think it was added on.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:35 PM

Well DH did it again! :lol: He came home and told me he had two "red heads and a blonde" in the back of his truck. Sure enough he did. Here's the pictures. :roll:
Nice machine finds!
What is attached to the front of the one "red head"? (looks like a growth or a confused "red head")
That's a stitch regulator and reverse lever. Ugly isn't it :cry: think it was added on.
Never seen anything like that before. Heehee... looks a bit schizophrenic.
Hold on to that one.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:55 PM

Nice machine finds!
Never seen anything like that before. Heehee... looks a bit schizophrenic.
Hold on to that one.
You could call this machine either Pablo for Pablo Picasso or Salvador for Salvador Dali. I would pick Salvador.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Banned

Nice machine finds!
Actually that is an aftermarket item that was very popular in the day and are really hard to find. If you do not use it hang on to it! They were made by Rivco a company that made a lot of aftermarket items for the older machines. I have a few of their products like the foot controls and the quick release for the presserfoot bar.

Billy
Old 10-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Banned

Trish I am going to have to hang out with you guys, because you are finding the machines left and right!! Right now I am on a Featherweight hunt like there is no tomorrow. I have a quilt shop that wants to sell my refurbished and repainted FW's. So I am in the process of buying everyone I can get my paws on!

Billy
Old 10-17-2010, 03:42 PM

I am so jealous - I have tried over and over on ebay to get a red eye and the bidding just gets too high for what I am willing to pay.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Is there a Singer 99 and a 99K, which is the 3/4 size machine?

What is the difference between the Singer 99 and 99K?

Nancy
There is no difference between the 99 and 99K. The K simply means it was made in Kilbowie, Scotland. The 99 is a 3/4 size machine.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:45 PM

I would love to have a Red eye that isn't a rusted mess.
Any old machines in this area are usually rusted and expensive or if they're not rusted they are $300+
People are just shocked that anyone would actually use an old machine, especially a treadle.
I'm in love with the Singer coffin top treadle cabinet I bought on Wednesday night, it just needs hinge pins now. Someone removed them at some point. They are smaller than the more "modern" treadle cabinets, the round part that screws into the cabinet measures 5/8"
Old 10-17-2010, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by JaneK
Hi, I am new to the forum and was at goodwill today when I found a white rotary machine in a cabinet. It is electric, had a matte finish and the motor patent date was October 25, 1927. Any helpon this model, should I buy this? Thanks so much!
I have a White Rotary and they are great machines, pretty indesctructible. Mine is a 1931 model and it is posted on page 392 of this forum if you want to see if the one you are looking at looks like mine.

Nancy
Old 10-17-2010, 06:01 PM

End of the summer garage sale---we have hit a LOT of sales, looking for vintage Singers. Sat---we bought a great 201 in carrying case & half hour later a 1953 Featherweight ! Pays to ask--they had a Kenmore for sale, but when hubby asked about other machines, the lady said "well, I do have this one in a little black box". We bought it for a very good price.
but I missed the lg bag of fabric by 5 min.
smitty