Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-23-2010, 05:47 AM

hi guys this is suzieQ got your message i was thriled to hear about my221-1 but it needs abelt and there are no spool holdes can you sell me them suzieQ
Old 10-23-2010, 05:50 AM

Hello Loya99,

This one (301) is sometimes refered to as the big sister of the featherweight.

I was going to post photos, but realized the ones I have are borrowed from several websites and I don't have permission to post. I will have to take photos later.

Aardie
Old 10-23-2010, 06:20 AM

keep your fingers crossed for me. Still no word.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by loya99
I PM'd you this am but after reading the first in this string I think maybe this is a better way to reach you. I was looking Craigslist and there is a Singer, white in a white case with the fold down front like a featherweight. Do you think it could be one? I could copy it and send you a pic. They only want $65 obo. I already emailed them but haven't heard back. If it is I will be sooo excited to find one and get it you wouldn't believe. They didn't give numbers or anything to date it, just a picture.Thanks.
That is a 301 long bed, to me they are better than the Featherweights because it is a full sized machine. And it looks to have the accessories too! This machine is the big brother to the Featherweight and made from alloy so it is portable.

Billy
Old 10-23-2010, 08:07 AM

I PM'd you this am but after reading the first in this string I think maybe this is a better way to reach you. I was looking Craigslist and there is a Singer, white in a white case with the fold down front like a featherweight. Do you think it could be one? I could copy it and send you a pic. They only want $65 obo. I already emailed them but haven't heard back. If it is I will be sooo excited to find one and get it you wouldn't believe. They didn't give numbers or anything to date it, just a picture.Thanks.
Like Lacelady said it's a 301. I have one and just love sewing on it. Looks like the little red box is a buttonhold attachment. I got one of those with mine also. This machine uses the slant needle attachements. I have made several lap quilts on mine. And you can't beat the price they are going up now as fast as the Featherweights. I'd go for it.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Like Lacelady said it's a 301. I have one and just love sewing on it. Looks like the little red box is a buttonhold attachment. I got one of those with mine also. This machine uses the slant needle attachements. I have made several lap quilts on mine. And you can't beat the price they are going up now as fast as the Featherweights. I' go for it.
If only the person would EMAIL ME!!!!!!! I can't believe what I found, I just hope it isn't sold!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:15 AM

Here's a great buy for someone on here. I thought about all the women and you Billy that are looking for a featerweight.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 10-23-2010, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Here's a great buy for someone on here. I thought about all the women and you Billy that are looking for a featerweight.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
It looks to me like the second picture has a waffle iron/appliance cord on the machine. 2 Featherweights + Plus all those goodies! OMG What a haul!!!
Sharon W.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Power Poster

I read through the ebay posting, and the seller talks about Buy it Now having free shipping, but the listing doesn't show a Buy it Now cost. Also he talks about International buyers would have to pay more for shipping, but only lists the USA for buyers.

I have made the mistake of bidding on listings that don't say they will ship worldwide, and lost out. There was one occasion when I had bid higher than the eventual selling price, and still didn't get it, because of that listing, which was really frustrating, especially as I had emailed the seller, who had agreed to send it to me if I won the auction. Now I have to not only get the agreement of a seller if I am prepared to pay the higher shippinig costs, but I also have to persuade them to alter their listing for that item, to read Worldwide.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
I read through the ebay posting, and the seller talks about Buy it Now having free shipping, but the listing doesn't show a Buy it Now cost. Also he talks about International buyers would have to pay more for shipping, but only lists the USA for buyers.

I have made the mistake of bidding on listings that don't say they will ship worldwide, and lost out. There was one occasion when I had bid higher than the eventual selling price, and still didn't get it, because of that listing, which was really frustrating, especially as I had emailed the seller, who had agreed to send it to me if I won the auction. Now I have to not only get the agreement of a seller if I am prepared to pay the higher shippinig costs, but I also have to persuade them to alter their listing for that item, to read Worldwide.
Sorry you have had so much trouble with e-bay. We have had our share of problems too. They need to get a few more bugs out of the system for it to work for everyone.