Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by JaneK
That is a really neat machine, Billy. I have a "new" old machine that I found this weekend in an antique mall while visiting my daughter in Lexington, KY. The serial number is EF243454 and it was made in Great Britain. Interesting also is that it has a centennial badge commemorating the 100 years. I believe it is a 99k? A 3/4 machine, I think. The decals are good and it sews like a dream, now I have to clean her up! I paid 30.00 for her.
I also have a 99K. Different case though. The picture is kind of dark. I should take another one as it is in great shape.

"Charlie" 99K
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122256[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-122251.jpe
Views:	95
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	122256  
Old 11-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Banned

That is a really nice 99k! I like the one I have even though I have not had the opportunity to use it much. And I have always liked that decal pattern.

Billy
Old 11-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Lostn51

Just wait until you see the Hot Pink 185K I am doing next!

Billy
Billy wasn't the 185 a 3/4 size green machine?

Nancy
Yep it was.

Billy
Old 11-08-2010, 09:04 PM

That is a really neat machine, Billy. I have a "new" old machine that I found this weekend in an antique mall while visiting my daughter in Lexington, KY. The serial number is EF243454 and it was made in Great Britain. Interesting also is that it has a centennial badge commemorating the 100 years. I believe it is a 99k? A 3/4 machine, I think. The decals are good and it sews like a dream, now I have to clean her up! I paid 30.00 for her.
JanetK,
I have one just like yours, except mine was made in 1923,
serial# Y839021. It had a 220 volt motor on it and no foot pedal or cord. I installed the motor and light from my Singer 15-90 that I treadle. Sews beautifully and is very good condition. It was $70. The picture shows it with a hand crank that was original to my Singer 201K.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-122252.jpe
Views:	277
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	122257  
Old 11-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by featherweight
Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Is that avatar machine what they call a Grasshopper? I would like to see a bigger picture of it. It looks very cute.
No, that is an old green SuperMatic. Nice old machine; takes cams and makes a good stitch.
The "Grasshopper" is the straight stitch Elna #1. I have one of those, too, and should haul it out and take a picture one of these days. Both the Super and Grasshopper came in metal cases that could be used as a table for the machine--they even have a cutout for the free arm.
Well it is sure pretty.
It sews like a dream. If you ever see one do not pass it up if it is affordable. DH said that it takes the Singer low shank attachments I think.
You must be as bad as I am about buying old sewing machines. Have you seen a Singer 185? they are so cute but they weigh a ton!
Yep seen them but not in person. That one has my name on it too. LOL It's green!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by purplefiend
JanetK,
I have one just like yours, except mine was made in 1923,
serial# Y839021. It had a 220 volt motor on it and no foot pedal or cord. I installed the motor and light from my Singer 15-90 that I treadle. Sews beautifully and is very good condition. It was $70. The picture shows it with a hand crank that was original to my Singer 201K.
Very nice little machine!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:55 PM

Does anyone know anything about the Kenmore 1040? I'm working on one that won't zig or zag.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Just wait until you see the Hot Pink 185K I am doing next!

Billy

Eeks! Hot pink!
Talking about hot pink. I saw this on my virtual CL roaming today.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/fuo/2048880263.html

I'm not into pink (although I do like the color combination of pink and brown), but this Morse looks interesting. No more machines for me (unless there is a free one); I need to play with the ones I have and do some quilting.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:58 AM

That's a very pretty machine. I have one but haven't used it yet. Lady sold us a 3/4 machine cabinet without machine and DH put it in there. So maybe I'll use it now.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:58 AM

I've been searching for a vintage Singer and in my travels have found some other machines that i couldn't pass up. Last weekend my dd and dsil (hope i get the acronyms right) signed on an old house they bought for the hunting property. There was a vintage Singer in the kitchen, and they gave it to me, they also found a box in the barn that contained a "Domestic" and several boxes of attachments. I have been looking for information on the Domestic, with no luck, anyone have an idea where I could get that ino? Am going to play with these machines this weekend and take some pictures to share. This site is awesom!