Fridgid Florida

Old 12-08-2010, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Originally Posted by bob1414
I'll be in Florida 13-20 December. It seems like when I go someplace that is supposed to be "warmer" than South Dakota, it's COLDER. In March, I was in Arizona and it poured rain and HAILED on us!!!
Hopefully it will warm up a bit..........
We are supposed to have an artic blast around the 13th. Low expected in the low teens!!! Hopefully it will warm up while you are here! What part of Florida are you visiting?
Orlando for a conference and Vero Beach to look at houses. I've only been to Miami so I know nothing about Florida! Sure wish it would be warmer, though. I'm leaving for Bali in January so I will DEFINITELY have warm weather there!!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:22 AM

LOL. the local news just said that another cold front is heading thru Florida and that it seems colder since there is a change in humidity and that the houses are made of concrete. (I guess you can't insulate concrete). LOL, guess I'll bundle up and enjoy it
Old 12-08-2010, 10:05 AM

Ditter...im in the same boat with ya....i can't seem to get warm enough and turning up the thermostat is gonna kill me with the elec bill! LOL, Im in Jacksonville, Fla....BRRRRR!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
Ditter I know you didnt mean to be funny this time but I still had to laugh, you always make me laugh. It was 8 here yesterday and 12 this morning. When I came home this afternoon it got to a whopping 27, and I thought Humm its kinda warm today, not to windy, and unzipped my coat.
27 in Florida is probably like your 8 degrees. It is a bitter cold here in Florida. I go to Ohio in the winter to visit my daughter for a few weeks and I go out in 27 degrees up there and not too unbearable but here it is really a different cold...hard to explain. We don't have houses really equipped for the cold either, especially the older homes. No furnace. My A/C unit has heat but it doesn't circulate the house well. I don't know about anyone else but it is effecting my arthritis ALOT!! I am really stiff and sore but thank goodness for quilts and my dogs to keep me warm...lol Oh yeah, and my hubby but he is at work...lol
Old 12-08-2010, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by pab
For those of you who think it's always warm here....It was 27degrees here at 5am.
I know that's no big deal to most of you, but this IS Florida for crying out loud!!!
It seems every year lately we have had this blast of artic cold!....Brrrrrrrrrrr :-(
Yep!I am in central Fl and freezing my buns off.
me too!!! I'm just north of Ditter (45 min) in central FL & I USE my quilts
Old 12-08-2010, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by pinkypig
Originally Posted by pab
For those of you who think it's always warm here....It was 27degrees here at 5am.
I know that's no big deal to most of you, but this IS Florida for crying out loud!!!
It seems every year lately we have had this blast of artic cold!....Brrrrrrrrrrr :-(
I see all your little friends on your avatar...do they help keep you warm?? I have 2 chihuahuas and they get under the blanket and are like two little heaters...lol I have a blanket over us in the recliner with one dog on each side....now if I could get the cat to warm up my feet..lol
Old 12-08-2010, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Corry
Originally Posted by pinkypig
Originally Posted by pab

I see all your little friends on your avatar...do they help keep you warm?? I have 2 chihuahuas and they get under the blanket and are like two little heaters...lol I have a blanket over us in the recliner with one dog on each side....now if I could get the cat to warm up my feet..lol
yep they keep me warm they even have their own quilt
Old 12-08-2010, 11:23 AM
mim

I'm in Destin NWFL right now -- and I looked at my Maine neighbor's web cam this morning -- it was only 5 degrees colder than here in FL.

That said -- It is really amazing to see the "tropical" trees and shrubs looking so grees and lush. Pansies blossoming and roses.

We walked on the beach this morning -- good exercise. !!!

This afternoon I go to a small quilting group I started for snowbirds. Last year it was a big success so I continued it this year

Mim

Old 12-08-2010, 11:42 AM

I know you gals are cold down there in FL, and in between to. Get yourself a nice down comforter to put under that quilt and you will be nice and snug. I use one under my quilt and It sure keeps me warm. I'm about to put one under my bottom sheet too. It's cold in OH as well, we're to get the arctic blast end of the week too. I have several downs. Stay warm!
Old 12-08-2010, 12:33 PM
JS

Only been here in Florida less than two years. I am LOVING this cold weather. Now I know it is December !