Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone interested in Wool Applique Quilts" >

Anyone interested in Wool Applique Quilts"

Anyone interested in Wool Applique Quilts"

Old 02-17-2011, 09:33 AM

I love the wool site - check out this quilt:

http://thelittlewoolshoppe.com/lwindex.html

Look at the links adn projects on this site, and on the Sue Spargo site, and on the Wild Thymes site.

Does anyone see anything they want to do - or do you want to design our own. Does everyone have wool.

On The Little Wool Shoppe site they used flannel backing for teh wool applique. I think that is a great idea! And would save money too if we really wanted to start out simple. Or we could have a couple of projects going. A simple starter project and a more complicated one requiring more commitment of time and money. What does everyone think?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Heartwarming quilts
I'm doing a wool applique.It's the moda green piece BOM from 2009. A girlfriend was going to quilt it for a customer. I fell in love with it. Our LQS has a habit of way overbuying and they had one last kit. I am doing hand stitching (button hole) and embroidery on the pieces. It's been alot of fun.
I checked it out. Here is the link:
http://www.fatquartershop.com/store/...73&Parent_Ids=

Wow - it is beautiful. Did you get their fabric kit too or using your own?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by roxannebcb

Look at the links adn projects on this site, and on the Sue Spargo site, and on the Wild Thymes site.

Does anyone see anything they want to do - or do you want to design our own. Does everyone have wool.

On The Little Wool Shoppe site they used flannel backing for teh wool applique. I think that is a great idea! And would save money too if we really wanted to start out simple. Or we could have a couple of projects going. A simple starter project and a more complicated one requiring more commitment of time and money. What does everyone think?

Which quilt are you refering to? She has a few that would be great block of the month and great projects. They also have great kits for small projects.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Queen Deb

Which quilt are you refering to? She has a few that would be great block of the month and great projects. They also have great kits for small projects.
I liked the one that has floral appliques. I'll have to go back and check. Do you like the idea of backing the blocks with flannel? I think it would be a good thing to try.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:10 AM

I LOVE wool!! Easy to work with, great colors and I love the feel. This is my wool shop- http://thelittlewoolshoppe.com/lwindex.html
I am lucky enough to live about 15 minutes away and it is wonderful. Connie just did a sampler/crazy quilt that was stunning, kickingmyself for not getting into the class.
I like the wooly floral sampler. And this is YOUR wool shoppe??? Wow - you can teach us tons! I was thinking if we had a pattern we could all use we could collect our own fabrics up as long as we can provide support to people who may be just starting. It is a very quick learning curve so won't take much to my way of thinking.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:11 AM

Oh - I love the smaller hydrangea samplers. Those are gorgeous and smaller. What is the background fabric on those?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:13 AM

[
I like the wooly floral sampler. And this is YOUR wool shoppe??? Wow - you can teach us tons! I was thinking if we had a pattern we could all use we could collect our own fabrics up as long as we can provide support to people who may be just starting. It is a very quick learning curve so won't take much to my way of thinking.[/quote]

This is the shop I shop at :) I have known Connie forever and have been a customer since the day she opened... and before that a pattern customer. It is heaven to just go in and roam, food for my soul.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:17 AM

[
I like the wooly floral sampler. And this is YOUR wool shoppe??? Wow - you can teach us tons! I was thinking if we had a pattern we could all use we could collect our own fabrics up as long as we can provide support to people who may be just starting. It is a very quick learning curve so won't take much to my way of thinking.
This is the shop I shop at :) I have known Connie forever and have been a customer since the day she opened... and before that a pattern customer. It is heaven to just go in and roam, food for my soul.[/quote]

It's in Colorado? Would you be interested in a group project or just a group topic to discuss our own projects?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Power Poster

Count me in. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time. Just not sure how.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:28 AM

Felting is big business.