Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-21-2011, 03:07 PM

I just bought mcahine number 9. It is an old white treadle and was in cabinet and in decent shape. My daughter picked it up for me at a thrift store today for $45. I need to find out what year it was made. Does White have a site for that? Kathie
Old 02-21-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Donna Mare
Speaking of addicted.. I got this kid and ( BILLY WAKE UP ) and what do I do about the missing thingamajig ...err..great word eh? the thing that is usually on the sides and front so your cloth has a place to take a nap on. Billy is sending the slider plate..but? how do I make the thingy, bed for fabric? Grins. I need to study the name of parts eh?? LOL
Donna, if you can't find the correct slide on, just order an acrylic table made custom for your machine. Or just use that machine for the free arm it is!

Nancy
Old 02-21-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I just bought mcahine number 9. It is an old white treadle and was in cabinet and in decent shape. My daughter picked it up for me at a thrift store today for $45. I need to find out what year it was made. Does White have a site for that? Kathie
I did type in White serial numbers and what little came up did not have my number which is FR 8194614. Can anyone tell me about my machine? Kathie
Old 02-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Banned

Grins Jennifer ! It is addicting!! It's like eating chocolate...once you had one piece you can't stop!

Speaking of addicted.. I got this kid and ( BILLY WAKE UP ) and what do I do about the missing thingamajig ...err..great word eh? the thing that is usually on the sides and front so your cloth has a place to take a nap on. Billy is sending the slider plate..but? how do I make the thingy, bed for fabric? Grins. I need to study the name of parts eh?? LOL
PM sent!!

Billy
Old 02-21-2011, 05:35 PM

Yes White does have a site http://community.webshots.com/user/arachnesobsession once you get here, go to Serial Numbers/Dating List and look your machine up!

Congratulations!

Nancy
Old 02-21-2011, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Yes White does have a site http://community.webshots.com/user/arachnesobsession once you get here, go to Serial Numbers/Dating List and look your machine up!

Congratulations!

Nancy
OH NOO Nancy..... Yikes, now I will out watching for looking for Whites. Keeping the link! thank you !!
Old 02-21-2011, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Donna, if you can't find the correct slide on, just order an acrylic table made custom for your machine. Or just use that machine for the free arm it is!

Nancy
Thanks on this one Nancy! After I picked up the other one, I got another this one a bit better within a few days and have it up and running for my ziggin. Grins... with free motion I get my finger nailed and haven't tried it since. I don't dare to free arm, smiles!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-127446.jpe
Views:	269
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	127451  
Old 02-21-2011, 05:53 PM

I did type in White serial numbers and what little came up did not have my number which is FR 8194614. Can anyone tell me about my machine? Kathie
Ok Kathie, I went to the White site I gave you and looked up your machine - page 13 of 49 under Serial Numbers/Dating. Are you sure you wrote down the correct number? They only show the FR series between 1908 and 1935, but they only go to 5,073,186? Are you sure your Serial Number is an 8 million? It looks like you have one too many numbers? I'd be willing to bet your machine is very early 1900's, but the number is puzzling?

Nancy
Old 02-21-2011, 05:55 PM

Nancy

OH NOO Nancy..... Yikes, now I will out watching for looking for Whites. Keeping the link! thank you !!
You are welcome and good luck as there are some really pretty old White's out there!

Nancy
Old 02-21-2011, 05:57 PM

Thanks on this one Nancy! After I picked up this one, I got another one a bit better within a few days and have that one up and running for my ziggin. Grins... with free motion I get my finger nailed and haven't tried it since. I don't dare to free arm, smiles!
Ouch! I haven't nailed my finger yet, but I did cut a chunk out of my 1st finger with a rotary cutter a couple days ago! Ouch!

Nancy