Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-23-2011, 03:15 PM

[quote=Shemjo]Kathie, if I knew more, I could help you more, but that is all I know how to do. I think you are using a Nikon camera to take your pictures. When you download them to the computer, what program are you using? I think Nancy or soeone else could help better.
Yes, it is a Nikon camers. The program that I used is the one that came with the camera. Yes, you are right I am sure that Nancy could help me, but, I have asked so much of Nancy and I am afraid that when I go to class she will say oh no not you again. I have been such a pest, but than she is so good and knowledgeable. lol Kathie
Old 02-23-2011, 03:19 PM

[quote=Kathie S.]
Originally Posted by Shemjo
Kathie, if I knew more, I could help you more, but that is all I know how to do. I think you are using a Nikon camera to take your pictures. When you download them to the computer, what program are you using? I think Nancy or soeone else could help better.
Yes, it is a Nikon camers. The program that I used is the one that came with the camera. Yes, you are right I am sure that Nancy could help me, but, I have asked so much of Nancy and I am afraid that when I go to class she will say oh no not you again. I have been such a pest, but than she is so good and knowledgeable. lol Kathie
If you download to a place on your desktop..make a file and download into that.. then you can choose what picture you want. Put a name to the picture and then click Reply and after you have written what you want. then click Browse and you go to that file that has the name of the picture you want in it. Hope that is a clear enough to understand.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Power Poster

[quote=kwendt]
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I thought Kroil was more like a penetrant... like Liquid Wrench? It should work well to help free things up. After that I think I would use regular sewing machine oil. quote]

Nope you are right just use it and a little Kerosene in the oil holes to penetrate the rust and then you use sewing machine oil after that. Billy
In a follow up to Janet's original question. Billy, I assume that when we use a penetrant oil/kero in the oil holes... we should run it out on the machine? (by run it out, I mean literally run the machine until the oil works through and out of the system... so to speak). Right? Then/after put sewing machine oil in the holes and run that into the machine?
I just brush and wipe everything clean of the penetrant, then apply oil. The penetrant is an oil base too, so it's not incompatible, but you want to clean off the gunk the penetrant loosened up. That's the nasty part of the whole deal. Once you clean it up as best as you can, you then apply oil and run your machine.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by beaniekins
I was browsing our local Kijiji (like CL) and saw this machine. I have never seen an older singer like this before. Is it an industrial machine?

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ262603891
I believe this one was for sewing/repairing shoes!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Donna Mare
[quoteIf you download to a place on your desktop..make a file and download into that.. then you can choose what picture you want. Put a name to the picture and then click Reply and after you have written what you want. then click Browse and you go to that file that has the name of the picture you want in it. Hope that is a clear enough to understand.
That is what I did and it did not work. I know that I can e-mail a picture, but that seems the only way I can send one. Kathie
Old 02-23-2011, 03:57 PM

Kathie. I downloaded your download ....it was a file but not a picture file. Send one of them to your own email and see what you get when you download .. OK?
Old 02-23-2011, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Originally Posted by Donna Mare
[quoteIf you download to a place on your desktop..make a file and download into that.. then you can choose what picture you want. Put a name to the picture and then click Reply and after you have written what you want. then click Browse and you go to that file that has the name of the picture you want in it. Hope that is a clear enough to understand.
That is what I did and it did not work. I know that I can e-mail a picture, but that seems the only way I can send one. Kathie
OK Kathie, would you email one to me? [email protected]
Old 02-23-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by purplefiend
vintagemotif,
Those treadle irons look just like mine, they are for an Elgin treadle and made by the Free company.
My set powers my Singer 15-90 treadle, its got a top from a Singer coffin top(the original Singer irons had a bad pitman rod).
Sharon W.
Thank you! I thought so! I spent an hour trying to figure out those irons. The cabinet that goes with the Elgin and irons looks very pretty, a Mission look. The only problem is that an Elgin cabinet will not fit a Two Spools. I think it is the Damascus cabinet that will fit the National Two Spools.
The National Rotary is the same size as the Two Spool.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
I am trying to post the photos fom the CL ad. I don't know how to post the ad. Sorry. I am learning how to do this.

This is another machine that uses a shuttle. Still have to get it out of the back of the van.
I have this cabinet with a Singer Tiffany 27 in it. Beautiful parlor cabinet.
I'm still trying to catch up on posts after my weekend away and internet connection issues. You guys have been really chatty this week!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Relisted at a good price. Nice eye candy.
http://wichita.craigslist.org/atq/2230121515.html
Isn't that a pretty shaped cabinet? Wish it was in my area!!