Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-12-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
I'm still high from getting my 'fix' today. Went to an auction and came home with a 1902 Singer Model 27 in a unique oak cabinet (in good shape) a few little pit marks on the head but my paint pen will take care of them. Not sure what the decals are. She's dirty but everything moves freely. Best part is tucked away in one of the drawers was one of the oak puzzel boxes full of the original attachments for this machine. There were 200 alloted April 7, 1902. I'm a happy camper just wonder where I'm gonna put the old gal.....
wow... if that's a K series, then it's a Singer Model 63. Here's the info from ismacs site... what's the actual s/n?

63- (class) Industrial "Firm, rigid and free from vibration...". Feed left to right.Link take-up; short needlebar and light balance wheel. Work plate extends beyond the presser foot on right hand side. Arm points towards operator. -

63-1 Industrial Drop feed; adjustable presser feet. Speed 2800. For running and banding collars and cuffs. 88x9 (1361)

63-2 Industrial Drop feed. Speed 2800. For shirts, linen and cotton goods. 44x3

63-3 Industrial Drop feed. Speed 2800. For underclothing; dressmaking and general work. 44x3

63-6 Industrial Drop feed. Speed 2800. 44x3

63-8 Industrial Supercedes 63-6. (Formerly 63SV2). Drop feed. Speed 2800. For underclothing, dressmaking etc. 88x1 (1315)
Old 03-12-2011, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by kwendt
Originally Posted by Weedwoman
I'm still high from getting my 'fix' today. Went to an auction and came home with a 1902 Singer Model 27 in a unique oak cabinet (in good shape) a few little pit marks on the head but my paint pen will take care of them. Not sure what the decals are. She's dirty but everything moves freely. Best part is tucked away in one of the drawers was one of the oak puzzel boxes full of the original attachments for this machine. There were 200 alloted April 7, 1902. I'm a happy camper just wonder where I'm gonna put the old gal.....
wow... if that's a K series, then it's a Singer Model 63. Here's the info from ismacs site... what's the actual s/n?

63- (class) Industrial "Firm, rigid and free from vibration...". Feed left to right.Link take-up; short needlebar and light balance wheel. Work plate extends beyond the presser foot on right hand side. Arm points towards operator. -

63-1 Industrial Drop feed; adjustable presser feet. Speed 2800. For running and banding collars and cuffs. 88x9 (1361)

63-3 Industrial Drop feed. Speed 2800. For underclothing; dressmaking and general work. 44x3

63-8 Industrial Supercedes 63-6. (Formerly 63SV2). Drop feed. Speed 2800. For underclothing, dressmaking etc. 88x1 (1315)
Serial #K186012
Old 03-12-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by kwendt

Wow, what did I miss here? Weedwoman has a Model 27 allotted on January 16, 1902. Did I miss where she posted something about a Model 63? I'm confused?

Nancy
Old 03-12-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Well, I got my first fiddle base this morning. I will post pictures later, my DH has the camera!

I am not sure what this machine is - it is from 1889, and I think it is a Model VS 2. It has the 'rose and cornflower' decal. I have another one to clean up and refinish the cabinet!!!!!!!

Anyway, I got a puzzle box and a second wooden box of attachments with odd's and ends in it, like a White bobbin and a W&W bobbin along with attachments.

I paid $65 for the whole thing - it is missing the coffin top.

Nancy
Here is Bessie (everyone has to have a Bessie right)! This is my diamond in the rough! She will look lots better after she gets her spit shine!

Cabinet - Machine - attachments
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155071[/ATTACH]

Model VS 2 ????
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155072[/ATTACH]

Rose and Cornflower Decal ??
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155073[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-155066.jpe
Views:	156
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	155071   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-155067.jpe
Views:	160
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	155072   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-155068.jpe
Views:	135
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	155073  
Old 03-12-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by TacoMama
She sewed with the Betsy Ross, so I can't imagine it being a toy machine.
These are the only ones I know about--though there could be a badged machine!!

http://www.google.com/images?client=...ls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=betsy+ross+sewing+ma chine&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1600&bih=689
Old 03-12-2011, 03:10 PM

Well, I got my first fiddle base this morning. I will post pictures later, my DH has the camera!

I am not sure what this machine is - it is from 1889, and I think it is a Model VS 2. It has the 'rose and cornflower' decal. I have another one to clean up and refinish the cabinet!!!!!!!

Anyway, I got a puzzle box and a second wooden box of attachments with odd's and ends in it, like a White bobbin and a W&W bobbin along with attachments.

Nancy
Here is Bessie (everyone has to have a Bessie right)! This is my diamond in the rough! She will look lots better after she gets her spit shine!
A BEAUTIFUL old VS 2. I am a sucker for these old fiddlebase machines.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:13 PM

Thanks for sending the website.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:28 PM

Nancy
Here is Bessie (everyone has to have a Bessie right)!
This is my diamond in the rough! She will look lots better after she gets her spit shine!
Nancy, I would say remember me in your will, but I am older than you so that will not work. So I will just say if you find another one like that you know where I live. Kathie
Old 03-12-2011, 03:34 PM

Wow, I take a day to put together a quilt top and the machines come out of the woodworks. Nice finds everyone. I stay on the lookout, and mention my addiction, I mean hobby, and have gotten a couple of machines that way. I still cannot imagine, in my wildest dreams, thinking I would rather have a little money that would be gone in a flash, than my grandmother's sewing machine. It is, in a way, a sad hobby, because you know all these machines were somebody's pride and joy when they got them. I always make sure to get the story if at all possible, and make sure that there isn't someone in the family that would want it.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:35 PM

My paternal Grandmother was Bessie. Widowed in her 40's, she worked in the shipyards during the war to support my Dad & his 3 siblings. And then in a coat factory as a seamstress until retirement. I still remember the cute little royal blue coat she made me when I was about 5 or 6. Remember getting in trouble for getting chocolate candy on it after Sunday School one day. Hmmm...maybe I need a VSM to name after her?? :mrgreen: