Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-12-2011, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Donna Mare
Hm.. Ok..I did loosen the 2 screws and the little black bar , so did other people that came by to give it a try to get the plate on. Went with all the angles. guess I have to bring it to the shop and have them put it on..or better yet, just toss it out. Will cost too much to have the shop do it.. Oh well. lesson learned on my part. Thanks
Gee Donnamare, are you moving out of the country? What kind of machine are you guys talking about? I want to make sure I never take the plate off if I have one of what ever machine that is so hard to get the plate on!

Nancy
Nancy, it's only a Singer 6136. Just needed a zigger for appliques. Paid 15 for it, another 15 for the manual and 14 for the slider plate it needed. Since then I bought another zig zag one that works with more stitches and less into it.

It's really funny. Had given to me another newer singer that has a funky electric cord...both foot pedal and electric cord hitch together on machine. I haven't been able to find a part for that one.. I so like the old machines better :) .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-119823.jpe
Views:	371
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	119828  
Old 03-13-2011, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

So tomorrow you will see a pretty Candy Blue 27 and a Black Cherry 66 (Black with Red Pearl mid coat).

The next batch will be a blistering bright Lime Green 27
Billy
I'm looking forward to seeing the Black Cherry and the Lime Green!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 05:54 AM
Banned

Hm.. Ok..I did loosen the 2 screws and the little black bar , so did other people that came by to give it a try to get the plate on. Went with all the angles. guess I have to bring it to the shop and have them put it on..or better yet, just toss it out. Will cost too much to have the shop do it.. Oh well. lesson learned on my part. Thanks
Gee Donnamare, are you moving out of the country? What kind of machine are you guys talking about? I want to make sure I never take the plate off if I have one of what ever machine that is so hard to get the plate on!

Nancy
Nancy, it's only a Singer 6136. Just needed a zigger for appliques. Paid 15 for it, another 15 for the manual and 14 for the slider plate it needed. Since then I bought another zig zag one that works with more stitches and less into it.

It's really funny. Had given to me another newer singer that has a funky electric cord...both foot pedal and electric cord hitch together on machine. I haven't been able to find a part for that one.. I so like the old machines better :) .
Silly question but have you taken the needle plate off before trying to put the bobbin plate on? You might need to do that to be able to get the thing on. I always put the needle plate on last when I am putting a machine together.

Billy
Old 03-13-2011, 06:24 AM

Opened up the model 27 and I don't have any idea what the decals are called. They are still on but there are very few of them. Not ornate at all like some you see. I did notice the pitman is wood and the irons are in good shape. Everything just needs a good cleaning and oiled. My pics aren't very good but I'll post anyway.

faceplate
[ATTACH=CONFIG]115700[/ATTACH]

slide plate front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116618[/ATTACH]

front view model 27 ornate wood missing right side of front center
[ATTACH=CONFIG]121354[/ATTACH]

decal behind posts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]125065[/ATTACH]

decal on front above bobbin winder
[ATTACH=CONFIG]125066[/ATTACH]

Name:	Attachment-115695.jpe
Views:	133
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	115700   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-116613.jpe
Views:	136
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	116618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-121349.jpe
Views:	143
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	121354   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-125060.jpe
Views:	128
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	125065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-125061.jpe
Views:	122
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	125066  

Old 03-13-2011, 08:11 AM

Nancy

Silly question but have you taken the needle plate off before trying to put the bobbin plate on? You might need to do that to be able to get the thing on. I always put the needle plate on last when I am putting a machine together.

Billy
Yes, I did have the needle plate..OfF ...and ON .. and on.. I went in about 20 mins ago...told the machine..You die after this last try.. I again took the needle plate off.. loosend the screws a wee bit on the little bar across the front , the one the bobbin plate sides on top off. Tried again.. no go.. got out my magnifying glass...looked at the parts closer on the needle plate..thought..hmm. something is the matter.. I finally realized ..someone flipped the wee bar from left to right..it is not the same on both sides...so I moved it to where I thought it would work..and DANGNABBIT ALL TO 'ELL.... I got it all back together..... it now fits... I will try a bit later to sew on it.. This is all so funny. Thank you Billy for keep coming up with ideas.. It made me try some other things..they didn't work but through trial and error...it finally HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again, thank you Billy!!! You kept throwing out ideas..
Old 03-13-2011, 09:01 AM

I am amazed at my sweetheart.......we were relaxing on the couch and I mentioned I have always wanted tofind an od treadle machine to replace the one my mom had given me, but was stolen.
Not 5 minutes after firing up the computer, this is what he found. It was in my living room within 48 hours......

My newest gift
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169209[/ATTACH]

Profile of my new machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169210[/ATTACH]

Name:	Attachment-169204.jpe
Views:	121
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	169209   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-169205.jpe
Views:	133
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	169210  
Old 03-13-2011, 09:04 AM

Okay, I figured out how to post pics, but since I am a newbie at this, does anyone have any information? Obviously it is a Damascus. It does nothave the belt needed to make the machine work, but my goal is tohave itinthe room, place some quilts draped on the table, and soak in all the good memories I have of my mom and my first memories of her Singer machine. Thanks for looking and I will snap more pics.....
Old 03-13-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by cowgirlquilter
I am amazed at my sweetheart.......we were relaxing on the couch and I mentioned I have always wanted tofind an od treadle machine to replace the one my mom had given me, but was stolen.
Not 5 minutes after firing up the computer, this is what he found. It was in my living room within 48 hours......
Beautiful machine.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by cowgirlquilter
What a lucky girl you are and what a wonderful hubby. Very nice machine. He know how to pick them, Kathie
Old 03-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Banned

Nancy

Billy
Yes, I did have the needle plate..OfF ...and ON .. and on.. I went in about 20 mins ago...told the machine..You die after this last try.. I again took the needle plate off.. loosend the screws a wee bit on the little bar across the front , the one the bobbin plate sides on top off. Tried again.. no go.. got out my magnifying glass...looked at the parts closer on the needle plate..thought..hmm. something is the matter.. I finally realized ..someone flipped the wee bar from left to right..it is not the same on both sides...so I moved it to where I thought it would work..and DANGNABBIT ALL TO 'ELL.... I got it all back together..... it now fits... I will try a bit later to sew on it.. This is all so funny. Thank you Billy for keep coming up with ideas.. It made me try some other things..they didn't work but through trial and error...it finally HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again, thank you Billy!!! You kept throwing out ideas..
Isnt it nice when a plan comes together? I ma glad you have it together and ready to go!!!

Billy