Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-15-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Pat Heinemann
Any one know of the New Seamstress machines? I found one at a antique store this weekend. They wanted $150 and it had attachments, but I am not sure they are all there. Very nice looking machine. Thanks Pat
Pat and everyone here look at this web site! I was trying to figure out what Pat has and found this web site -- man, this will make you all drool!

http://website.lineone.net/~lindave/other.htm

Nancy
I fell for the Vickers! That is a machine I would love to have! Thanks for the link!!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:17 PM

Well I am very proud of myself tonight. I have been sewing all day! I finished the wonky blue quilt I had started quilting and putting together last fall. I pieced those blocks with my Mother's 1952 Pfaff 130, I quilted the blocks - quilt as you go method - with my Singer 15-88 treadle, I made the binding with my Free Sewing Machine Co. treadle from 1913, I sewed the binding on the quilt with my 1886 Vertical Feed Davis "Betty," and I finished attaching the binding on the back with my 1976, 1222E Pfaff! The last thing I am going to do is put my initials on the quilt with my 1961, 503A Rocketeer!

This is the first quilt I have put binding on with the Davis Vertical Feed! What a blast that was! She actually works!

Nancy

Oh that is Tarzan the Man, my 3.5 pound chihuahua!
I really like tarzan he is a wonderful little dog. I have a half chihuahua and poodle. She has poodle hair on a chihuahua body and her name is doodle bug. I like the quilt to. Glenn
Old 03-15-2011, 01:27 PM

I received an email from a gentleman who has a singer I may buy. He said he was telling his elderly neighbor he might be selling his machine and she said she'd like to sell hers. I haven't seen this machine yet so I don't know anymore than the info below. What would be a fair price to give for it. I don't want to take advantage of an elderly person but at the same time I don't want to give too much for it. I don't know much about the value yet but it sure looks like I've caught the (collectors) bug. Dog gone it!

Singer Sewing Machine # 27 (Vibrating shuttle # 2) with table w/drawers and operated by a foot treadle. It is in quite good condition. Someone in the past electrified it but that could be removed. She has many of the attachments for it such as a ruffeler, wide hem and several other attachments. Also a tattered manual.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Grandmother23
Sorry about so many pictures. I quit smoking, had a four year old for 6 days. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Congratulations, I think you are the current queen of machine shopping. Great job. I want to go with you next time. :D If only you were closer.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Nancy, here is more info for you on the 66's. I have two 66 machines dated 1921 and one has the back clamp and the other has the side clamp. The one with the side clamp came with an add on stitch length reg. If you remember when I posted a picture of the machine we all wanted to know what that ugly thing was on the front of the machine. I also have a 66 dated 1916 with back clamp. I have another 66 dated 1919 and it has a back clamp. Then I have a Lotus and it has a back clamp dated 1910. Add these to your list so we can keep up with all the dates.
Thank you Trish I will, but what decals are all the machines? That might make a difference in which were side and which were back clamps?

Nancy
One is a brown lotus. The others are red eyes. The one that has the side clamp is one of the red eyes. These two decals are my favorites.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
-- man, this will make you all drool!

Nancy
I fell for the Vickers! That is a machine I would love to have! Thanks for the link!!
Oh... my, those are some machines! Now I'll have to keep my eagle eyes out for those....
Old 03-15-2011, 02:13 PM

Nancy, here is more info for you on the 66's. I have two 66 machines dated 1921 and one has the back clamp and the other has the side clamp. The one with the side clamp came with an add on stitch length reg. If you remember when I posted a picture of the machine we all wanted to know what that ugly thing was on the front of the machine. I also have a 66 dated 1916 with back clamp. I have another 66 dated 1919 and it has a back clamp. Then I have a Lotus and it has a back clamp dated 1910. Add these to your list so we can keep up with all the dates.
Thank you Trish I will, but what decals are all the machines? That might make a difference in which were side and which were back clamps?

Nancy
One is a brown lotus. The others are red eyes. The one that has the side clamp is one of the red eyes. These two decals are my favorites.
Nancy, all my 66's are red eyes. Forgot to add that earlier.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:18 PM

Well I am very proud of myself tonight. I have been sewing all day! I finished the wonky blue quilt I had started quilting and putting together last fall.
This is the first quilt I have put binding on with the Davis Vertical Feed! What a blast that was! She actually works!
Nancy, a beautiful quilt. Not sure how you get all the things done that you do. Glad all the machines get to contribute to the effort with what they are particularly good for. :) Awesome!
Old 03-15-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
I was anxious to finish my 1st quilt top on my treadle, so I didn't stop to look at a manual. I finished it in a day {the one in my avatar} and thought to myself, "surely there must be some way to regulate the stitch length!" So, I went online and downloaded a manual. I found out that the knob on the pillar { I had just told my husband that day I had no idea what in the world that does...it doesn't seem to change anything! So I just tightened it back up.} is the stitch length adjuster. Loosen it and it shortens the stitch length, tighten it and it lengthens the stitch length. I had the length set as long as it would go! The end of each row will have to be tacked, but the rest will just have to stay like it is. LOL
On mine, that knob was good and stuck, and it took quite a bit of working it and Liquid Wrench applications both outside and inside the tower, to get it freed up enough to turn. I just got it really moving again, yesterday. I couldn't believe it turns around about 6 or 7 revolutions! But it does indeed change the stitch length. I think the previous owner must have left it set at a small stitch and never changed it, as it was frozen solid-- moreso than anything else on the machine.

I also got out the ruffler last night, to play with it. Haven't tried out any of the machine's gadgets before. Dang if it didn't make a pretty awesome ruffle! I'm just in awe of how everything for these old Singers was made.

Love, love LOVE my 66-1... I could have stopped collecting right there, and been happy!
The 66-1is my favorite go to machine also. I have three brown lotus made in Prussia 1908 A redeye 1916 and 1921. I don't use my 1968 electric new home much anymore. Glenn
Old 03-15-2011, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by kwendt
Originally Posted by sew wishful
-- man, this will make you all drool!

Nancy
Oh... my, those are some machines! Now I'll have to keep my eagle eyes out for those....
There is a Vickers machine on sale in my area. I had never heard of the brand before. It's not quite as ornate as the one in the link, but it is still pretty. Here it is:http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-buy-an...AdIdZ222970117