Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does anyone own a Dyson Vacuum? >

Does anyone own a Dyson Vacuum?

Does anyone own a Dyson Vacuum?

Old 03-22-2011, 03:57 PM

I Love my Dyson, I wish I could afford to buy the one with the ball looks like it is easier to handle. I would also like to have the new canaster one.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:00 PM

I read all the posts so far but no one mentioned how well the Dyson got the fur off the chairs???

I have a fabric covered Queen Anne chair and our sheltie loves to lie in it. The fur seems to be growing out of that thing and my vacuum just makes it stand up straight!! Can't pull it out, no way no how!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:03 PM

L*O*V*E my Dyson DC25
can't get over how much stuff it collects from same areas.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:16 PM

I have a Dyson and love. Will not own any other brand.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:36 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I have two one for each floor. I will get another for the basement tho.. I have the blue one and the purple one. I love them. Hose a bit wacky to use but bit oh boy does it suck up everything. The hose has powerful suction and unlike others that barely pick anything the dyson hose will pick up everything. I use it for stairs, upholstery but I do not recconend using it on the curtains !!! Way too much suction for that!! Careful with the corner of throw carpets and fringe its so powerful it sucks them bad boys up just by getting too close !! I LOVE my dyson. I love both and do not have preference over the blue or purple. Both are awesome!!
Old 03-22-2011, 05:29 PM

I have 2 huskies, 1 aussie and 2 cats. They shed ALL THE TIME. I have the Pet model and love love it. My husband said, "why did you buy that"???? Now he loves it!!! It does a wonderful job :thumbup:

PS: I wouldn't trade my fur babies for anything :-D :-D :-D
Old 03-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Power Poster

We have 2 dogs (malamute x and chi x), and 2 cats (1 very longhaired). We have hardwood floors, lots of thick wool rugs and mainly leather/wood furniture, only 3 places in our home have fitted carpet. We have had a Dyson for the past 13 odd years (the same one). It picks up pet hair no problem at all (Luca the mal x actually comes and sits next to it so he can get vacuumed as well!). The company is easy to deal with and parts if needed are readily available and not ridiculously expensive. No loss of suction and no messy bags. I believe the Dyson is the only vacuum here in Aus. with the recommendation of the Asthma Foundation. Mine has never needed repairs except for a broken handle (I dropped it downstairs) and a broken canister (I tripped over it) - and no I am not employed/connected with Dyson...just a happy customer.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:46 AM

Got the Dyson Animal via Amazon.com which was less expensive than Costco and had free shipping. We have 2 yellow labs and a corgi. The Dyson does the job as evidenced by the fact that I have to empty the canister almost every time I vacuum - which is every day. One thing I like about it is that it goes from carpet to wood floors with the push of a button and does a great job on hardwood.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:54 AM

watterstide - I promise that I will not tell DH that you started the thread that made me purchase a Dyson, lol

going to amazon.com now to shop for one
Old 03-23-2011, 06:23 AM
Power Poster

I have two - one upright, one canister. Love them both.