Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How much fabric do you really have??? >

How much fabric do you really have???

How much fabric do you really have???

Old 03-31-2011, 05:02 AM

jaw dropped and speechless...
Old 03-31-2011, 05:24 AM

Sounds like your stash owns you, i have the same issues.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by clynns
I've spent my whole income tax check on fabric. It took me 6 weeks, but there is an online store that knows me by name. I currently have 80 yes eighty (still the same no matter how many ways you spell it) 'kits' ready to do at any given moment. And that's just the one's that I've got bagged. It doesn't count the collections that I've bought that won't fit in bags (Chocolat, Poetry Collection, Belle, Fuschia, He Loves Me and many more). I see it, I buy it. It probably won't be there when I go back. We all have had that happen to us. I will probably post some for sale here because I will NEVER be able to use it all up. I have told my daughter after I die, she gets the Gammill and her choice of kits. Then I want her to give certain kits to my SIL's, Niece and Sister. The rest is hers. Maybe after I get my fabric room together I'll post a picture. My webshots pictures shows a day that I received 20 packages in the mail. Only one was for my hubby. I'm a fabric addict. Sometimes I just stroke the fabric, knowing how much joy it will bring in a quilt. I would say I have over 3000 yards. And that's being conservative. Yes, I think I'll be putting some on here for sale.

Is there anyone out there who has this addiction too? What about the fabric makes you want to keep buying?
It looks like you are a Batik Addict also Clynns... You should post some of your photos on the Batik Addict Competition Topic.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:38 AM

All of you with the HUGE stashes,BIG congrats
I just call mine a staaaa.....not even a full stash..lol lol lol
When your off work it's hard to built it up..
Old 03-31-2011, 07:46 AM

I have a small bookshelf with some stash, I take most of it to work for the kids. Now that some of your fine people are sending them fabric, and I don't have to take so much to work I might get to start building mine up.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:52 AM

I HAD a fabric addiction. I love to go to the store and buy fabric for the quilts I'm going to make--love also to collect fabric with gold threads--they are so beautiful. I no longer am addicted because recently I had to move. It was one thing to box up all the stuff from the sewing room but when I went to the linen closet, the hall coat closet and the garage---well, I decided I HAD to go cold turkey and not buy any more fabric for the time being. To add insult to injury, my sewing room in the new house is smaller than what I had and so now there are boxes full of fabric in the hallway. sob, sob. . .
Old 03-31-2011, 05:26 PM

I can't even think of how many yards I have. But I have the same problem you have. When it talks to me, its in my basket.
I hae several kits stacked up and my fear is that I won't live long enough to do all of them.

So you are not along. Lumber talks to my husband but fabric is my friend and really speaks to me.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:16 PM

I am an artist as well as a quilter. To me fabric is my pallet for making beautiful works of art for both the walls and beds. My pallet is not nearly as large as yours but I also have a watercolor pallet, an oil pallet and an acrylic pallet not to mention my fabric paints. Fabrics like paints make me feel creative. When I see beautiful fabrics I also see finished quilts in my mind.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Power Poster

If any fabric whispers or shouts, "I want a new home, I want a new home, I want a new home" I will give you my address.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:15 PM

Sounds like a very good colection..:)