Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-20-2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by HanNatNana

G'day Denise

There is a program that will recover those deleted photos so don't despair yet....If you google 'Rescue Pro' you will get several sites with free downloads, it's only a very small program but worth it's weight in gold, imho!! It often comes with SanDisk cards, that's how I got it.
Hope this helps?
Bronwyn ;-)
Have I been under a rock somewhere? I've never heard of a program like this - I'm checking on this now for future reference. Who knows what I'll do by mistake sometime!!

Don't you just love the things we learn from each other?
Thanks,
Cindy
Old 04-20-2011, 06:37 PM

Not sure if it still comes with SanDisk cards but that's where I got it some years ago. It's a tiny program so can sit on your HDD not taking up any space.

Bronwyn ;-)
Old 04-20-2011, 07:45 PM

I love this board. Learn about so much that I had no clue about. Rescue Pro sounds like a great deal. Will be checking it out.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Okay,Nancy or Kathie, which one of you picked up the 201 that was on CLs in Sacramento this past weekend? I thought by now one of you would be posting your wonderful find. I think the machine was under $90, can't remember the price. And I couldn't tell if it was a 201-2 or one that could be used in treadle from the photo, but it almost looked like one for treadle. Which is why I'm asking, because I'm curious to find out if it could be used in a treadle.
Monica, not me! I have stayed off of Craigslist for a while now! Too tempting to visit there!

Nancy
Old 04-20-2011, 08:19 PM

Billy, like Miz Johnny said we will play nice while you are away -- we always do!

I hope you are well enough to get your place cleaned up -- also, glad you came through it all ok for the most part!

Nancy
Old 04-21-2011, 05:10 AM
Banned

Hey Denise PM me and I can walk you through it, the 66 is the one machine I know like the back of my hand and I can put one together in my sleep.

And I have all of the debris cleaned up and and I ended up building a huge fire in the backyard getting rid of a lot of the mess. My neighbor and I got both of our homes back to where they were before the storms.

That is the good..........now the bad. :(

My carport area was totaled and when the section of the tree hit it it knocked a lot off the walls only a couple of machines were damaged, but nothing that can be repaired easily. And I had some of my hand wheels sitting on a shelf and they flew off and hit a machine that was sitting quite a ways from them. So the hit was really violent to say the least. But I am going out there today and I am going to get some machines serviced and try to get my Studio back together on the inside.

Billy
Old 04-21-2011, 05:25 AM

Geeze, Billy sounds like you guys really got hit. I haven't been watching the news the last couple days - was it a tornado or hail storm or just a fierce storm? I'd fix you something good to eat while you guys repair things if I were closer! Good thing it is your machines as you are the expert fixer upper!

Nancy
Old 04-21-2011, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by dirty1mom
Would someone tell me how to post a picture - pm me. I don't remember how to do it and I have machine pics to show. Thanks.
Do a 'quote reply' or just 'reply.' After your pictures are on your desktop or somewhere on your computer that you can find, click the browse button that shows below the reply box. Now go to your pictures, select the picture (file) and open it. It should be in your 'browse' box right to the left of where it says 'browse.' You can now put in a description to the left of the picture address. Also, when you do a 'reply' or 'quote reply' the instructions come up under this reply box.

Hope this helps,

Nancy
Old 04-21-2011, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Last night I looked real close, and it actually has an oil hole. I filled it up and started just working it back and forth, and lo and behold, it started turning real easy!! I also took the bobbin assembly apart, and removed the needle plate and feed dogs, and oiled down around the bobbin area really well. I turned the handwheel several times, cleaned up the extra oil, and replaced the bobbin carrier and all the other parts. When I tried her out, she sewed about 100% better!! I think she had probably sat for a long time and her joints just needed lubricating! :-)
Most people don't realize that there are actual oil holes everwhere on these old machines. I didn't realize that until I took the FW maintance class and the instructor pointed out that fact when we had the face plates off. You just don't oil all the joints, although that is good too, but there are actuall oil holes you will see if you rotate the wheel at each joint that need a drop of oil put in them!

Nancy
Old 04-21-2011, 06:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Geeze, Billy sounds like you guys really got hit. I haven't been watching the news the last couple days - was it a tornado or hail storm or just a fierce storm? I'd fix you something good to eat while you guys repair things if I were closer! Good thing it is your machines as you are the expert fixer upper!

Nancy
Nancy it was 80mph straight line winds that did the damage. The limbs that tore the carport of my studio came from a tree two doors down. I have all the debris cleaned up and if it were not for the holes in the yard where they stabbed into the ground you would never even notice it. I might burn some more of the limbs that we set on the curb just in case the county takes forever to pick them up. Unfortunately it looks like we are going to get some more rain today like we really need it. I wish we could spread it out so that in July and August we would not have to water our yards all night every night.

Billy