Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-10-2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
The people that I just got all my machines from brought me a motor for the hc. Needless to say the motor will stay in the box. They also said that when they had a machine that could not be saved they sawed it in half and made book ends out of it. I must of had a shocked looked on my face because she looked at me really funny. I just can not imagine anyone doing that to a wonderful machine. Kathie
I just can't imagine anyone cutting a machine in half to make bookends. This is something I would never even thought of doing. Some of my freebees were in such bad shape when people gave them to me but I always cleaned and fixed them up to work and to use. However some of them should have been made into a boat anchor :lol: Glenn
Old 05-10-2011, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
The people that I just got all my machines from brought me a motor for the hc. Needless to say the motor will stay in the box. They also said that when they had a machine that could not be saved they sawed it in half and made book ends out of it. I must of had a shocked looked on my face because she looked at me really funny. I just can not imagine anyone doing that to a wonderful machine. Kathie
I just can't imagine anyone cutting a machine in half to make bookends. This is something I would never even thought of doing. Some of my freebees were in such bad shape when people gave them to me but I always cleaned and fixed them up to work and to use. However some of them should have been made into a boat anchor :lol: Glenn
Or just send them to Billy for him to repaint them, and then use them on the shelf as a bookend without cutting them in half.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by alissa
Here is a 1951 Singer 301 that I purchased at an estate sale for $35, it has the manuels and attachments plus a student fabric kit. It runs great just had to oil it and away it went. The wiring was in great shape. The lady said that her grandmother could not get around very good any more so they where selling it.
Alissa that machine is gorgeous!!! I would love to see the student fabric kit a little better. That is the first one I have seen and from what I can tell it was loaded for bear!! Do you think that the former owners left anything back at the dealer after they bought it? I think it is just about fully optioned as one can get. ;)

Billy
Old 05-10-2011, 07:29 PM

Love seeing all the "new" FWs you all are finding! They are wonderful!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Banned

Keeping my daughter dry!! Her house has water about 6 or 8 feet from the front door. So I spent most of yesterday afternoon and today moving things up in the attic and to higher ground so to speak. The water was coming out of the storm drains there.

Then since I made a few bucks off of the damage to my house (I kept the labor and bought the materials and fixed it my own self) My wife and I went to Lowes and Home Depot and we are redoing my patio and water garden. And we are going to look at hot tubs later on this weekend. :D

Billy
Old 05-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Banned

I will say this you guys did really well on the sales this weekend and brought home some really nice machines!! I need to go see about getting a few more myself but right now I have so many things going on I dont have any time. If its not the storms its the stupid flooding then there is all of these machines I have stacked in my living room waiting for their turn in the spa. But I have to go to the post office and drop off 4 machines plus some parts and will have 3 more ready to get out of here by Thursday night! So I am working the pile down :P

Billy
Old 05-10-2011, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
kwendt, I had forgotten that I had heard that, too. Mine is in such perfect shape cosmetically- not a blemish anywhere. I will satidfied with Miss AnnieRose because she does sew so well, tan or not. I like the $61 I paid for her, too.
Irish Rose... I also heard that the tan (or is it mocha) 301's were more sought after... why I don't know. Possibly cause you could get a long bed in those colors, but not in the LBOW. Personally, I covet my Mother-in-law's LBOW 301.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 05-10-2011, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Keeping my daughter dry!! Her house has water about 6 or 8 feet from the front door. So I spent most of yesterday afternoon and today movi ng things up in the attic and to higher ground so to speak. The water was coming out of the storm drains there.

Then since I made a few bucks off of the damage to my house (I kept the labor and bought the materials and fixed it my own self) My wife and I are redoing my patio and water garden. And we are going to look at hot tubs later on this weekend. Billy

Heck, Billy... you're going to need a hot tub soak after moving all that stuff, and fixing up your house from the tornado's, and cleaning up all the muck left over from the floods. And to hear tell, the flooding is not 'done' yet. More to come in the Mississippi valley at least. I'll go sit on my dock with a nice cold one (fresh lemonade), put my feet up, contemplate the merits of a boat ride.... and think of you....
:roll:
Old 05-10-2011, 08:29 PM

Is it just me? Or what? I swear, I read my typing on my replies BEFORE I 'send' them. Then when I go back and look at them... there are these crazy misspellings and words left out. It's driving me crazy. grrrrrr. Happens like all the time!
Old 05-10-2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Glenn
The people that I just got all my machines from also said that when they had a machine that could not be saved they sawed it in half and made book ends out of it. I must of had a shocked looked on my face ... Kathie
Or just send them to Billy for him to repaint them, and then use them on the shelf as a bookend without cutting them in half.
Bookends? I must have MISSED that one? OMG. No, no, NO. That is SO wrong! lol. Boat anchors... okay, I understand. Door stops and stage props, alright. But sawed in HALF for bookends? <shakes head...>