Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-11-2011, 09:08 AM

So glad to hear you're okay Billy. I'm a member of a Freecycle group and I picked up this Machine today. I'm hoping to give it to my sister for her grand-daughter. She wants to teach her the basics of machine sewing. I oiled her up and she still needs a little help getting to go. I accidently oiled a little too much and now the presser foot slides down after lowering the lever. She sews pretty good on 9 layers of light weight denim...I'n not used to the clickity clack of these older machines. Hopefull after all the oiling and sitting awhile --she'll quiet down. The best part is yet to come. The woman also has a 1908 treadle w/machine that she will be giving to me in about a month or two. It will take her that long to get to it in the room where it is stored. From what I saw it looks in great condition. I couldn't see the base so I couldn't tell what kind of machine it is. I am so happy!! It makes up for the machine/treadle that was promised to me but never received. Today is a very good day!!! Anne

Good Housekeeping Machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195753[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-195747.jpe
Views:	157
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	195753  
Old 05-11-2011, 10:06 AM

[quote=Honchey]So glad to hear you're okay Billy. I'm a member of a Freecycle group and I picked up this Machine today.
Nice looking machine. Kathie
Old 05-11-2011, 10:37 AM

I have a question for you. I recently bought a featherweight singer 1952 from an owner in the UK. When I got it it has the large plug that they use over there. While I know that i can buy an adapter I'm much rather use a normal (for US states) plug on it. The cord and plug are in great shape. Do I need to change out the plug and cord or can I safely just have the plug changed. Thank you
Old 05-11-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Yippeeeeeeee for you Billy! I was wondering about you being flooded? We keep seeing your town under water here in California! I kept thinking, the news must be only showing the worst section of your area -- can't be all of your area under water! You know how the news picks one really bad thing and capitizes on that -- well, from our standpoint it looks like your state is under water!

Nancy
Yeah - kind of like when, during wildland fire season here, the rest of the country thinks all of California in on fire because of the way the news portrays it.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
The woman also has a 1908 treadle w/machine that she will be giving to me in about a month or two. It will take her that long to get to it in the room where it is stored. From what I saw it looks in great condition. I couldn't see the base so I couldn't tell what kind of machine it is. Anne
Sounds as though we were in the same place. Bags of ruffles & lace, commercial quilt scraps, and who knows what all, piled shoulder high. (My shoulders are about 5' from the floor.) More stuff even higher on the book cases. I'm waiting to hear too. Think I'll take my utility trailer next time I visit. LOL
Old 05-11-2011, 12:18 PM

Talk about enablers, my dd just called and found a 206K and a 15. I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER MACHINE! But, Idon't have a 206K, is this one I cannot live without?
Old 05-11-2011, 01:03 PM

What did I buy??? I won the bid on E-bay and this little hand crank made it home today. Sadly the metal base broke in shipping. I'm waiting to hear from the seller. It is locked tight, so she got a good oiling and will let her rest a day or so. I never saw a metal base like that.

Anyone have any info on her?? I knew she was in rough shape, and the bobbin winder is missing. There is a shuttle and a bobbin though.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-195832.jpe
Views:	290
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	195838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-195833.jpe
Views:	294
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	195839   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-195834.jpe
Views:	317
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	195840  
Old 05-11-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor

Anyone have any info on her?? I knew she was in rough shape, and the bobbin winder is missing. There is a shuttle and a bobbin though.
Perhaps an old National? You could look on the ISMACS site.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by romanojg
I have a question for you. I recently bought a featherweight singer 1952 from an owner in the UK. When I got it it has the large plug that they use over there. While I know that i can buy an adapter I'm much rather use a normal (for US states) plug on it. The cord and plug are in great shape. Do I need to change out the plug and cord or can I safely just have the plug changed. Thank you
You can't just change the plug. The amp service in North America is not the same as Europe. You'll either have to use a transformer/adapter, or have it rewired/possibly re-motored. Have a pro look at it. IMHO
Old 05-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Google Goddess

I am still looking for an old Featherweight