Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-26-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
I'll have to drag DH along, but hopefully it will instill the "vintage machine bug" in him!! :thumbup:
I prefer to keep my DH interested in his own hobbies and in the dark about mine. :lol: Get questioned too much as it is about how he thinks I should or shouldn't spend my money. Thanks to both of us having previous marriages to spouses with money problems, when we got married we thought we should have his, hers & ours finances, which makes for some interesting discussions at times :shock: All the more reason to let him have his motorcycles, and now golf, hobbies. And let me have my horse & quilting hobbies.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
here is a picture of a Monthy Mini I just did

That flower pot is adorable Nancy. Kathie
I second that!! Cute mini....the machine is cute, too!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
I don't need yet another machine, and I have a FW getting a tune up right now, but...
I saw this on CL and I thought the base and machine looked interesting. It's listed for $200. I have no idea what things like this are worth.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2340837314.html
That's a really nice parlor cabinet. They'll probably get that price for it.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by emmah
Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
emmah---Very nice!
Thanks to all that liked my efforts.
I am laying low tonight in the Fingerlakes, NY state, we just got tornado warnings. Luckily our old farmhouse is timberframed and has a good basement. Guess I will spend a little time down there. I can hear the thunder rumbling right now.
Emmah, stay safe, and let us know you are OK after the storm passes!!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
I'll have to drag DH along, but hopefully it will instill the "vintage machine bug" in him!! :thumbup:
I prefer to keep my DH interested in his own hobbies and in the dark about mine. :lol: Get questioned too much as it is about how he thinks I should or shouldn't spend my money. Thanks to both of us having previous marriages to spouses with money problems, when we got married we thought we should have his, hers & ours finances, which makes for some interesting discussions at times :shock: All the more reason to let him have his motorcycles, and now golf, hobbies. And let me have my horse & quilting hobbies.
I have to agree....we have separate finances and have split up the bills between us. Right now I am making more money than him, so I am also paying more bills! :shock: But it's OK for now. We lost our business 18 months ago, and he hasn't been able to find a job that pays even half as much as he was getting through the business. Bakersfield jobs are few and far between....but he keeps his chin up and applies for everything he is remotely qualified for.

He got interested in quilting on a dare/bet from our former pastor, and has stayed with it. He can't afford to do his own hobbies right now, which are wood working and vintage cars. Both are too $$$ intensive for us right now!!
Old 05-26-2011, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Don't know if anyone on this topic is interested, but my longarm is listed for sale.
What kind is it? Are you getting a different one or just not gonna longarm anymore?
Old 05-26-2011, 02:27 PM

I'm looking at a W. G. Wilson Buckeye. I'm interested in it because it is a small hand crank machine, one might think it is a toy. Unlike the other toy types, the Buckeye has a lock stitch. It was only manufactured for a few years after the Civil War. Does anyone have any real knowledge of the Buckeye?
Old 05-26-2011, 02:32 PM

[quote=Kitzone]Kathie - Very nice mini and your new sewing machine is adorable :)

Judy, it is Nancy's mini and sewing machine. Kathie
Old 05-26-2011, 02:43 PM

Someone ought to rescue this beautiful old Franklin machine.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=7965867

I just can't do it right now....but would if I could!!
I put it on my watch list, we will see, maybe.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Originally Posted by tomilu
Don't know if anyone on this topic is interested, but my longarm is listed for sale.
What kind is it? Are you getting a different one or just not gonna longarm anymore?
It is in the Classified section--a Gammill.