Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-30-2011, 07:08 AM

[quote=vintagemotif][quote=vintagemotif][quote=SewExtreme]
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
If I understood your question correctly, I know what you mean. Did you see this topic on 'my pages' when I posted it? You might find it more helpful than 'bookmarking' googled info.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-81136-1.htm

You are welcome. I have learned to use 'my pages' a lot more since that topic. Did you click on my Profile and see the pages I have categorized? If you have any questions I would be glad to help you out on this. I have found it to me most helpful. After 'bookmarking' quite a few topics and then trying to locate them, it just began to feel like one of my junk drawers.... you might find something you want in there if you swish thingies back and forth long enough. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
I never paid any attention to this feature, but now I will! After looking through yours, I now have an idea as to how to set mine up. Thank you again! :)
This is fantastic! Again-Thanks for posting this information.
I copied a couple of your titles and added some of mine. I had only seen bookmarks, but never used that. This is much more helpful!
Sewww glad I was able to help you. Great job on your 'my pages'. That is a way we can also learn from others by looking at their 'my pages'. Things have caught your eye, that also interested me but I hadn't recorded them. I only looked at one of your topics, so far. :-D

Now, it is my turn to THANK YOU. I just got done cleaning and labeling all the attachments that came with my newly acquired Singer 301A. I have two Ruffler attachments that I had no idea how to use. And, right in your 'my pages' on the Sew Machine page is the very site I need...

Free Attachment / Feet Instructions

http://www.thesewbox.com/free_sewing...tructions.html

Perfect! You have made my day! I have a dress I want to make for my 3 year old GD pictured in my avatar. Yippee! :-D :-D
Old 05-30-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
What is the difference between a 66 and a 99? Kathie
The 99 is the same as the 66 just a 3/4 size machine. They both have a drop in bobbin. They both are horizontal oscillating hooks. The 66 has a normal 14 3/4 size bed, the 99 has a 12 1/2" bed. They take the same class 66 bobbins, the same feet (except for the early 66's which had side clamping feet). The 66 was made from 1902 until about 1960, the 99 from 1923 till about 1963. Also, the 99's were never as ornate as the early 66's, i.e., Redeye, Lotus. Hope this helps!

Nancy
Nancy,
You were mostly correct about the 66's. The early models had back clamping feet,
The side mounted feet didn't come along until later.
The lotus and red eye decaled machines usually have the back clamping feet unless the presser foot bar has been changed out.
Sharon W.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:27 AM

1890's Model 12 = $175
Featherweight 55 = $350
White immaculate looking FW (not sure year) = over $400
Pfaff (that is really pretty) not sure year, fancy like the VSM Singers = over $400
Willcox & Gibbs over $400
(my girlfriend who live down there stopped getting prices because some were too high)
I would love to see the Model 12 and the Pfaff!

Nancy

Oh and SewExtreme, beautiful Redeye! Congratulations![/quote]

Nancy :-D glad to see that Fabric Whisperer straigntened out who's Red Eye was posted. A funny story... when I was yet a novice in purchasing vintage machines, I purchased a beautiful red eye, cabinet, and all of the attachments I could every want. Then, I went on to purchase quite a few other machines, still not quite as educated as I could have been. Anyway, one day my sweet DIL was here visiting and showed some interest in sewing. Sewww, I said, 'here' you can take this one home if we can get it in your minivan. Which we did. By the time I was next visiting her, I was cleaning it for her and by that time, I also had learned more and realized I had given her my best vintage machine. She doesn't use it very much yet. I love her so much and am glad she has it but sometimes (just sometimes) I wish I had given her another machine. :oops: :oops: :-D
Old 05-30-2011, 07:42 AM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

awww, Linda, that's so funny! (and sweet) my heart was taken with the redeyes about 20 years ago, I saw one at an antique store, and they wantded $1000 for it. And it wasn't in good shape, they just figured they were an antique store, and that's what they felt like pricing it at. Parts were missing, too. I knew it was overpriced, and a couple years later it was still there, but they still wanted that much. That's why I figured I would just dream about owning one.

I am thrilled with this becoming mine, i am already figuring out how to shift the computer stand sideways so I can have her in the primo spot in my new sewing room... she will be used lots, and happily! My model 27 will be moved out of the sewing room for display / use in another part of the house, but the redeye will be my main treadle for piecing.

now I am on the hunt for a hopping foot for my 15 clone... looked thru all my feet, and none are right. I still would love to have that Pfaff!
Old 05-30-2011, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
Nancy, the Redeye is mine mine mine ~ I have always adored those, and she's mine! yay! I am so excited, she is a 1916, table is kinda plain, but I don't care. She is up and running, and my girlfriend will be picking her up Tuesday.

Here are pics of the Pfaff & Model 12 ~ I didn't see the serial #, but its in the late 1800 era... I would LOVE to have this Pfaff, she is really really pretty. But my air conditioning compresser just blew on my car yesterday, so that will eat up what I could have used for her. Bummed, very bummed...
Oh, it is your Redeye! Well congratulations - beautiful Redeye!

I would love to have that Pfaff! Of all my machines, I am the most partial to the Pfaff's!

Nancy
Old 05-30-2011, 07:50 AM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Oh, it is your Redeye! Well congratulations - beautiful Redeye! I would love to have that Pfaff! Of all my machines, I am the most partial to the Pfaff's!
Nancy
I am not as familiar with the Pfaff models, I just know they are good machines... what is a normally fair market price for that one? I am not sure if she'll deal? With my AC compressor going kerplooey yesterday, I probably cannot afford her... sniffle... pout...
Old 05-30-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by Kathie S.
What is the difference between a 66 and a 99? Kathie
The 99 is the same as the 66 just a 3/4 size machine. They both have a drop in bobbin. They both are horizontal oscillating hooks. The 66 has a normal 14 3/4 size bed, the 99 has a 12 1/2" bed. They take the same class 66 bobbins, the same feet (except for the early 66's which had side clamping feet). The 66 was made from 1902 until about 1960, the 99 from 1923 till about 1963. Also, the 99's were never as ornate as the early 66's, i.e., Redeye, Lotus. Hope this helps!

Nancy
Nancy,
You were mostly correct about the 66's. The early models had back clamping feet,
The side mounted feet didn't come along until later.
The lotus and red eye decaled machines usually have the back clamping feet unless the presser foot bar has been changed out.
Sharon W.
Hummmmmm Sharon, thank you! I thought, but I said that already in parenthesis? Well looking back and re-reading what I wrote I see I should proof read! The parenthesis should have said "except the early 66's had back clamping feet"? Thank you for catching the error!

Nancy
Old 05-30-2011, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
I am not as familiar with the Pfaff models, I just know they are good machines... what is a normally fair market price for that one? I am not sure if she'll deal? With my AC compressor going kerplooey yesterday, I probably cannot afford her... sniffle... pout...
I think the $400 is in the ball park. Those Pfaff's are very hard to find. There are none on E-bay right now. I would ask about shipping that machine, but I can't justify buying it just because I want it - too many vet bills lately.

Nancy
Old 05-30-2011, 08:32 AM

spent yesterday and today "sale hopping". not a good idea when money tight. cant believee how many machines i have seen. did get a minnesota in treadle cabinet, needed the cabinet. also found a complete singer buttonholer for the slant shank machines. wish i were rich. LOL.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:43 AM

Saw a sad sight the other day--someone made a 15-91 into a LAMP!!!!!!!