Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-02-2011, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
I found this machine in a thrift shop today. I don't know what model it is. I didn't get it because I want to kow if the bobbins and the cover plate will be available. Can anyone help me??

Jan in Texas
The plastic base seems to be in ok condition, which is kinda rare for these machines.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:26 PM

I am leaving Saturday morning and am asking you guys to go slow in your messages. lol I am sure that I will have a whole
lot of pages to go through. I am lucky as I get to go with two black eyes. I will be an attractive site to see, not. lol
Have fun while I am gone and save some bargains for me too. Kathie
Old 06-02-2011, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by kwendt
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by kwendt
Sitting RIGHT in front, on the floor with a bunch of baskets was a little dusty black case. I immed. squatted down to look... yup. I ask the man at the counter, "how much is this old sewing machine?" He said, "$10". And I said, "I'll take it!!!!
So I am now the proud owner of a Singer 221 Featherweight, in a nice case, with attachments and manual and the original 1964 bill of sale.
WOW I think you got the deal of the decade.
:mrgreen:
Actually, I think it was Glenn that told us how he had one GIVEN to him by an elderly lady who wanted her machine to goto someone who'd use it... lol. But hey, $10 is phenom.!
Yes, I was given a FW by an old lady but it has no case but was in good shape and well used. But hey it is in my camper and works great for piecing outside under the awning. Not one of my favorite machines but light and travels well( actually it sews great for piecing, I just appreciate a little more heft like my 66) I guess it it a man thing-more power :lol: Glenn
Old 06-02-2011, 01:30 PM

thank you very much, everyone on this site is soooooo helpful!
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by buslady
Here is my new beauty. Can anyone help me with info on this new baby? Thanks.
Here is a little that I found about your Minnesota...

http://www.ismacs.net/sears/sears.html :-D
Old 06-02-2011, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterGary
Some picture's of my 201-2 and the 15-91
I really like the cabinets. They are wonderful Glenn
Old 06-02-2011, 01:46 PM

Kathie S--I am having trouble keeping up here as well----and since I have SERIOUS house cleaning to do as soon as DGD gets here to help, I foresee being about 200 pages behind!

I am debating about which machines to keep--I certainly have an abundance right now--though half of them are at Tomilu's for re-dos....
Realistically, how many do I NEED???? C'mon, someone help me out here---eleven is really over the top, right??? :>)!

Anyone out there have a burning desire for a 306K? she is at Tomilu's right now....or a 66---can't make up my mind who to re-home!!!! And I have cleared out enough extra machines to be embarassing!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:49 PM

Wow, there have been some beautiful machines rescued lately. The sheer number of them out there shows how well built they were. Can you imagine how many of the modern machines that will be around in 100 years? Not many, for sure.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterGary
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/for/2417108482.html

Anyone interested in a nice 66-16?

I don't need another machine, I have picked up three in the last two weeks.
Geeze, Quilter Gary, I passed up two 66-16's last weekend. One was a portable, complete with attachments, and manual for sale for $35. The other one was a 66-16, but missing the motor and foot pedal in a cabinet for $25. I passed on both of them because I have a 66-1 and a 66-6 now. I am regretting not buying the first one, as it would be nice to have a 66-16 with reverse!

Nancy
Old 06-02-2011, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
I found this machine in a thrift shop today. I don't know what model it is. I didn't get it because I want to kow if the bobbins and the cover plate will be available. Can anyone help me??

Jan in Texas
Oh Jan, I love the color of the machine you're showin'. Hope you go back and get it. One thing I want... someday, is a turquoise or blue vintage sewing machine. I passed one up a while back and am sorta kicking myself. What model is it? I can't guess. :-D
Old 06-02-2011, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I am leaving Saturday morning and am asking you guys to go slow in your messages. lol I am sure that I will have a whole
lot of pages to go through. I am lucky as I get to go with two black eyes. I will be an attractive site to see, not. lol
Have fun while I am gone and save some bargains for me too. Kathie
Sweet sister, surely you jest :lol: :lol: right??? No one on here slows down. I have a ton of reorganizing I have to do and was just contemplating staying off for a week. But, the dread of pouring over 20+ pages is daunting me... :-D :-D

Enjoy yourself and we will look forward to your return... :-D