Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Eagle Scout- Court of Honor >

Eagle Scout- Court of Honor

Eagle Scout- Court of Honor

Old 06-05-2011, 04:56 AM

Congratulations! My son made Eagle last year and is attending his friend's Eagle Court today as a matter of fact. An old scout leader told me once that no boy makes Eagle without his parents support and after going through it, I believe him. I'm glad he persevered, because it has definitely opened some doors for him.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by cabinfever
My son had his Eagle Scout Court of Honor today...after 12 years in scouting. Although I've been to others' ceremonies, it is very touching when your own child achieves this level. I hadn't really felt so emotional about it before, but I guess part of it comes with graduation from High School & heading off to college. I know many of you have been there before me. My congrats go out to each you who have had sons go through it; as there is a lot of commitment in the later years for community service & projects.

I can say that my once painfully shy son, can speak confidently in public & has become a leader as a result of the scouting experience. His first aide training has already come into good use when last year, as a camp counselor, a young boy had a large tree branch fall on his head. It was a fluke incident, but required my son to carry this 8 year old back the 2.5 miles to the main camp, stopping at a remote cabin on the way to administer temporary first aide for bleeding to his head. After stitches the boy was able to return the following week. It was a good lesson for them all; and thankfully had a happy ending. My son's years of cross-country running gave him the stamina to run that far, without losing precious time. He never saw this capability in himself before that day, but I am confident if he sees someone in distress he will not hesitate to take action now.
I know the dear people I have met on this board will not take this as a bragging moment, it is not intended as such. I am just feeling very touched by seeing the change in my little wall-flower.
Sincerely, Cathy T.

You have the right to brag, as do I. My son became an Eagle Scout and we were so proud. That hard work paid off in so many ways including his rating on entering the Navy. Twenty years later on retirement, it is still happening. That is one organization that I am most happy to help out. Marge L.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:31 AM

Congratulation from a mom of an Eagle Scout. He's now 39, but I think (I know) what he learned effected his life. He turned out a great person.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:39 AM

:thumbup: Its wonderful that your son made Eagle Scout, Brag about it
Old 06-05-2011, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

What a wonderful story!!! Your son sounds prepared for life, in fact, more so than many !!
You must be extremely proud, and please congratulate him for me!! :D
Old 06-05-2011, 06:10 AM

Congratulations to your Eagle Scout.
We are a scout family also - my husband, son, and 2 oldest grandsons are all Eagle Scouts.
I have seen my 2 grandsons get good jobs because Eagle Scout was on their resume.
I am so proud of all of them!!
Old 06-05-2011, 06:47 AM

congrads!!!!!! I too, have and Eagle Scout. and am very proud of him. He is 23 and still loves scouting. Even went to college and got a degree called Wilderness Leadership. for real! Also, you are right, you earn that Eagle, too. lots of support from familly is needed. I know you are sooo proud.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:05 AM

Both our boys are eagle scouts. It is a great honor and not many boys go all the way. congrats to you and them because I know from experience, you did a lot of encouraging to get them there.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:07 AM

Congratulations to you both!
Old 06-05-2011, 09:13 AM

Another Eagle mom saying congrats!