Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-12-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by mpeters1200
So the church that I quilt at is having their garage sale this weekend. They want 80.00 for a vintage machine whose decals are coming off, no attachments and no shuttle or spindle bobbins. I think it's outrageous, but a friend of mine thinks it would be a good investment. The serial number is starts with a B and has all 8's and 9's in the number part. I'm trying to figure out what type of machine it is.

The decals say Singer, and it has a good size throat area, just a shade smaller than my 66. But it has some reddish tint to the decals. I KNOW it is not a redeye, but the decals are real similar. It has a drop in area for one of those long bobbins (shuttle right?) no shuttle bobbin casing though. It seems like a lot of money for a machine that can't possibly work with no shuttle. I just wish I could figure out what it is.
Your machine is made in 1905.
Here is the link to Singer for machine serial number that starts with a single letter:
http://www.singerco.com/support/mach.../single-letter

Click on B series for the number and info. Good luck guessing!
Thank you so much for that link.I just found out my machine was made in 1908 in Germany!
sass
Old 06-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sassylass
I just picked up a Singer TReeadle that is in need of TLC..the number on the plate is C7676306 and she has Egyption decals on her. Can you tell me any information about her please.?
sass
Are you sure it isnt a "G" in the serial? If it is then you have a 127-3 with 25000 of them allotted December 23 1918 and was made in St. Jean, Québec.

A nice score indeed!!

Billy
Old 06-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Banned

Wow I really need to get in the shop more often but between the snake bite and trying to keep up with my customers I am hardly on the internet at all.

I am working on something for me for once. :D I am getting my FC Henderson ready to put on a treadle that I restored several months back. I was a W&W D9 treadle but after making the top for it I am going to mount the machine on the top and then fashion a coffin top for the machine and call it done.

Billy
Old 06-12-2011, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Wow I really need to get in the shop more often but between the snake bite and trying to keep up with my customers I am hardly on the internet at all.

I am working on something for me for once. :D I am getting my FC Henderson ready to put on a treadle that I restored several months back. I was a W&W D9 treadle but after making the top for it I am going to mount the machine on the top and then fashion a coffin top for the machine and call it done.

Billy
Snake bite?? Care to elaborate?? Hope your feeling better and soon!!
sass
Old 06-12-2011, 03:06 PM

My 301A and the 15 clone that I pick up. Did not get a bobbin case with the 301 so I am on the hunt for one. $50.00 on eBay should be able to find one for less. The modern sews as advertised.

Modern delux
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210547[/ATTACH]

301A NA236668
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210550[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-210541.jpe
Views:	97
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	210547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-210544.jpe
Views:	100
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	210550  
Old 06-12-2011, 03:09 PM

[quote=Lostn51]
I just picked up a Singer TReeadle that is in need of TLC..the number on the plate is C7676306 and she has Egyption decals on her. Can you tell me any information about her please.?
sass
Are you sure it isnt a "G" in the serial? If it is then you have a 127-3 with 25000 of them allotted December 23 1918 and was made in St. Jean, Québec.

A nice score indeed!!

Thank you so much!!! In closer look it is a G.but she sure needs some work done on her. Almost a Christmas baby!!!
Once again thank you!
sass
Old 06-12-2011, 03:11 PM

Nancy, Annie Oakley looks great, cabinet too. So happy for you.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Banned

Billy
sass
I was taking the items out of the attic of my daughters house that was flooded from the Mississippi River and a copperhead bit me in the face right below my eye. We had to bulldoze her house down from the damage but ours fared pretty well except for the storms we had leading up to the massive flooding.

Billy
Old 06-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by QuilterGary
My 301A and the 15 clone that I pick up.
I love the 301, I was just gifted one here recently that is black also and I am going to refurbish it and use the little guy. But youi will love the Japanese 15 they are so smooth running and in my own opinion they are the better machine between the real deal Singer and the Japanese built 15.

Billy
Old 06-12-2011, 03:17 PM

Billy
sass
I was taking the items out of the attic of my daughters house that was flooded from the Mississippi River and a copperhead bit me in the face right below my eye. We had to bulldoze her house down from the damage but ours fared pretty well except for the storms we had leading up to the massive flooding.

Billy
OMG!! A Copperhead bit you in the face???!!! How painful and scary....more details, please? Aren't they poisonous? Did you have immediate care?