Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-24-2011, 12:35 PM

I too can pretty much tell by the title if I want to pull it up and read...
Old 06-24-2011, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
human beans. what'cha gonna do wit' 'em? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Soylent Green. ;-)
Old 06-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Power Poster

I always try to look at all the pictures. When time allows I go through and read what interest me. Sometimes I leave comments, opinions or not. If something doesn't interest me I just go on. I enjoy seeing other's work, quilts or not.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:07 PM

It's not just a quilting forum, it's a gathering place for friends. Boy...I would consider my friends pretty darn boring if ALL they ever talked about was the same topic all day, every day. I mean, I love quilting, but I enjoy sharing and conversing with my friends too. I love hearing about weddings, seeing babies, hearing about what is going on in my friends lives. You wanna bet that when my Little Girl arrives in a little over four weeks, I am going to subject you guys to pictures! I don't know you guys, but when I am happy, excited or sad, sharing with you all on the board comes as naturally as calling my Mom.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:14 PM

I love this board because there are so many people posting on here: I've been part of some really interesting discussions and have learned a lot from others who are so generous with their expertise. When I log on, I tend to scan the first 3 pages of the Main section, look at whatever interests me and ignore the rest. I didn't even realise that there IS a lot of non-quilting stuff! I'm really grateful to the moderators who keep it all happening, and I also appreciate the good manners and respect for each other that are shown on this board.

The one thing I'd say is that it would be useful if the subject line always indicated what the subject of the post is - eg "Help - binding problem!" rather than "I need help!".
Old 06-24-2011, 01:30 PM

I like it the way it is, I ignore the sections I don't want to read. I don't get out much so this is my socializing for the day.

I agree with the title lines. I also wonder why some posts get deleted, maybe they could just be locked with an explanation of why??
Old 06-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by shellyp
Soylent Green. ;-)
:shock: :lol:
Old 06-24-2011, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by shellyp
Soylent Green. ;-)
lol, you're evil ;-)
Old 06-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Administrator

ok ... time for a review. pay attention. there will be a pop quiz.

1. This is a quilting board. It has always been a quilting board. it will always be a quilting board.

2. However, quilters are by and large very sociable sweetie-pies. So, conversations naturally drift into other areas from time to time. We have become friends and family because of that. A very good thing. :-)

But we are still a quilting board. It's our primary reason for being.

3. Extra sections that don't relate to quilting were added to accommodate our desire to share other things with each other.

4. Adding more sections will not solve the problem of misplaced posts. It would only offer a wider variety of wrong places to put things. :lol:

5. We can encourage each other to be more descriptive in our titles and more careful where we put things. (as long as we do it politely. ;-) ) A few of the comments posted in this topic have stuck a toe or two into the snarky pool. tsk tsk tsk

let's all be careful to avoid any more of that, please.

For the most part, though, i would not classify this as a rant, rave, vent, steam, or otherwise poisonous post.

Let's face it. Until somebody invents a magic pill we can all afford, we shall all remain imperfect. we're going to make mistakes. it is not the end of the world.

SQUIRREL!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:49 PM

5. We can encourage each other to be more descriptive in our titles and more careful where we put things. (as long as we do it politely. ;-) ) A few of the comments posted in this topic have stuck a toe or two into the snarky pool. tsk tsk tsk

let's all be careful to avoid any more of that, please.
Hear Hear... thought I was just being touchy :-D

I love this board!

My DH isn't too thrilled (poor abused baby) because of all the new stash I have accumulated but he has really liked my new experiments I wouldn't have tried without your encouragement.

Reading is a privilege to me...wish everyone knew how.

Again...I love this board! :thumbup: