Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-29-2011, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
Can't you just picture this. A caravan full of quilter, sewing machine ladies pull up to a yard sale.
The ladies are laughing and cheering and having a great time.
So the yard sale has a featherweight and a 66 redeye for $10 each.
HHHHMMMM see who is laughing and cheering when this is over.....
I'll tell you what I'll have the yard sale and you all show up and fight over who gets to buy what...
That paints quite a picture in my mind... we would all be ladies about who gets what... wouldn't we... wouldn't we... ladies, ladies, come on now, we are all friends... from the same vintage sewing machine cafe, right? LOL :lol:
Old 06-29-2011, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by miriam
Can't you just picture this. A caravan full of quilter, sewing machine ladies pull up to a yard sale.
The ladies are laughing and cheering and having a great time.
So the yard sale has a featherweight and a 66 redeye for $10 each.
HHHHMMMM see who is laughing and cheering when this is over.....
I'll tell you what I'll have the yard sale and you all show up and fight over who gets to buy what...
That paints quite a picture in my mind... we would all be ladies about who gets what... wouldn't we... wouldn't we... ladies, ladies, come on now, we are all friends... from the same vintage sewing machine cafe, right? LOL :lol:
Yep! Perfect ladies...as long as no one gets in line ahead of me or buys something I want!! :twisted: :wink: :lol:
Old 06-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Charlee
Miriam...you ARE going to let me have early pick...right? Wouldja take $5 each? ;)
I'll take them BOTH!! :lol:
HHHMMMMM could ya go $10? Ya are talkin' about a couple I didn't have much luck on aren't ya???
Old 06-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by deplaylady
Yes!!
I could go $5 for one like that - no stitch length regulator but she's all yours....
Old 06-29-2011, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I have a free "Free" too. Serial #0240726, patent dates June 14 1910 Oct 10 1911, I hope that helps for dating.

I haven't used mine since I need to find the little ball bearings for the pitman rod.
Monica, this is interesting. So far

Playswithcolor has 031503 Free #5 bought at end of WW1 1918 or 1919?

Monica's Free 0240726 - is it a Free # 5?

Nana's Free 827313 - is it a Free #5?

My friend Deb's Free #5 - C76088

My Free #5 - C83642

Do you all have the Free #5? Does anyone else have one with pending patent dates written on the cabinet top?

Does anyone have a Free with patent dates on the slide plate? If so, what are the dates?

Nancy

Please make sure I have the correct serial numbers. I want to try and figure out why two of the serial number start with 'C'? Something to do with patent's still pending on those machines or a different factory?
Ugggh! i just wrote everything off the slide plate after the above quote..and it is gone! What happened to it?
Old 06-29-2011, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by pennijanine
Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by Charlee
Ok...here's the deal!

We meet up here at my house in Central Oregon, and hit the quilt/antique/junk stores here....we swing out and go thru NE Oregon, SE Washington, making sure that we hit South Central Washington, on over to the coast, down the coast, and kind of weave our way back here.
We'll take William so he can drive, haul the Uhaul trailer with all of our goodies, and manhandle the machines, and remind us to stop and eat!

:lol:
Ok! Now that you are talking about stopping for food, I'm in!
Got to hit some "dives" with yummy good food. One of my favorite shows is "drive-in, diners, and dives". We will need to stop at some of those places along this expedition.
OK, y'all!! Now I am definately in to this expedition. I'll be saving up my pennies so I can afford to drive up to Charlee's to meet. WooHoo!! If this becomes reality, what a blast this would be...truly!!
I will start saving mine too. Pick me up on your way North!! I would love a road trip!
The three of us can carpool north.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:42 PM

My DH has a neice that lives in Washington State and if I were planing a trip to see her I would definitaly wing down and go with you guys. Sounds like sew much fun.

The stories everyone has told are really touching.

With the long weekend coming up I wonder how many of these "older Ladies" will be finding new homes?
I know we will be keeping an eye out.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
Originally Posted by BoJangles
I have a free "Free" too. Serial #0240726, patent dates June 14 1910 Oct 10 1911, I hope that helps for dating.

I haven't used mine since I need to find the little ball bearings for the pitman rod.
Monica, this is interesting. So far

Playswithcolor has 031503 Free #5 bought at end of WW1 1918 or 1919?

Monica's Free 0240726 - is it a Free # 5?

Nana's Free 827313 - is it a Free #5?

My friend Deb's Free #5 - C76088

My Free #5 - C83642

Do you all have the Free #5? Does anyone else have one with pending patent dates written on the cabinet top?

Does anyone have a Free with patent dates on the slide plate? If so, what are the dates?

Nancy

Please make sure I have the correct serial numbers. I want to try and figure out why two of the serial number start with 'C'? Something to do with patent's still pending on those machines or a different factory?
Ugggh! i just wrote everything off the slide plate after the above quote..and it is gone! What happened to it?
Here I go again:

PATENTED
FEB. 11-02 SEP. 15-08
" " " DEC. 21-09
OCT. 17-05 JAN. 4-10
JULY 30-07 MAY 20-13
OTHER PATENTS
PENDING
NOTICE
TO
JOBBERS & DEALERS
THIS MACHINE IS SOLD
SUBJECT TO CONDITIONS
AND RESTRICTIONS AS
TO PRICE AT WHICH
AND PERSONS BY
WHOM IT MAY BE
RESOLD, ASCERTAIN-
ABLE FROM THE
MANUFACTURER
UPON APPLICATION

This machine's latest patent is 21 years older than my Dad.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
My DH has a neice that lives in Washington State and if I were planing a trip to see her I would definitaly wing down and go with you guys. Sounds like sew much fun.

The stories everyone has told are really touching.

With the long weekend coming up I wonder how many of these "older Ladies" will be finding new homes?
I know we will be keeping an eye out.
HHHHMMMMMM Maybe I should get busy and just put a bunch of 'em all on Craig's List after all... I was figuring nobody'd be lookin' - give everybody a sporting chance.... never know with the holiday and all maybe somebody might buy one for a change.... I really don't think most people know to buy used ones - most of them think they need a warranty or something brand new for it to be any good... I'm glad you all are on the look out for the good ones - they tend to end up at the scrap yard all too often. At work today I overheard a couple gals talking about quilting and one said she had a horrible time sewing. So I butt in - got my noes in it anyway. I asked her what she had for a machine. She said it was one she picked up at Walmart. I told her to look around and find an old precision made sewing machine and her sewing would reflect the quality of the machine. She said she might try to get her grandma's old green machine and I told her if she couldn't figure it out I'd show her how to work it. One at a time ladies....
Old 06-29-2011, 01:04 PM

Sorry, I must have posted at the same time as several others did..when i went to look for my post it wasn't right at the end of the thread, so I assumed it must have dissapeared! After re-writing all of it..with one finger because I had to hold the faceplate just right to see it...I left the thread, clicked the email link that tells me a new post has been made..I check it and found the first post i made as well as the UGGGH! post and the one I rewrote...oh well, I will know to check next time..P>S> i had it all neatly spaced too, but it didn't post that way.